Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

CS-M04 27.5+ full suspension

(1/5) > >>

doubledutch:
Hi, I am new to this forum, but have searched it many times. I have bought a new Scott Spark 29er and I really love it. My previous bike was a Giant Anthem 29er. The Front fork needed service and my rear suspension beyond repair. I decided to order a carbon frame in China and to use all usable parts of the Giant to rebuild a new 29er, which will be used by my wife and friends.
As I was researching the Chinese options, I came across the CS-M04 from Carbonspeed. After some negotiations with Peter, I decided to build this bike from scratch and ordered one. In this topic I will inform you about the progress and would like to get your advice and comments. Till now I have only ordered the frame and the wheels. 

doubledutch:
My intension is to use the following components;
Front: RockShox Yari RC
Rear: Rockshox Monarch RT3
Shifter: SRAM GX Trigger Black
Rear derailleur:   SRAM GX Black (1x11)
Cassette: SRAM XG 1150 10-42T
Chain: SRAM PCX1
Crankset: SRAM GX-1000 GXP 1 x 11
Bottombracket:   SRAM GPX PressFit 92
Brakes: Juintech (taiwanese, sold by edge sports UK)
The brakes are available in the same red colour as used by Peter. I think it is a nice touch.
other components not yet decided.

SportingGoods:
VERY GOOD!

I've been waiting for a long time to see someone build the CS-M04 :) I'll follow this topic.
For your reference I bought the Juintech calipers (for a road disk brake). Not tested yet. It was a lot more simple and cheaper then using road hydro brake (they use a flatmount that is not compatible with my frame). But I can't understand what can drive you to use it on a full-sus MTB... :o
Can you explain?

doubledutch:

--- Quote from: SportingGoods on August 05, 2016, 03:00:37 PM ---VERY GOOD!

I've been waiting for a long time to see someone build the CS-M04 :) I'll follow this topic.
For your reference I bought the Juintech calipers (for a road disk brake). Not tested yet. It was a lot more simple and cheaper then using road hydro brake (they use a flatmount that is not compatible with my frame). But I can't understand what can drive you to use it on a full-sus MTB... :o
Can you explain?

--- End quote ---

Juintech also sells hydro brakes, which I consider. http://www.edgesportsuk.com/store/juin-tech/mtb/juin-tech-db1-hydraulic-disc-brake-set-red-f-r-160mm.html
Price and color are main motivations. I try to build this bike under € 3,500 including carbon rims.

Carbon_Dude:
Brakes are not the place I would be saving money.  Shimano brakes are all I trust on my bikes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version