Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Dengfu FM098 build thread

<< < (2/4) > >>

MTB2223:
Looks great already. What size frame did you order ?

karstenhorn:
I have ordered a 56 cm frame as this is the one with the closest geometry to my old Trek. I'm quite tall 188 cm but my leg length is only 82 cm so 56 cm is in general my size.

Karsten

karstenhorn:
Build completed and it was a very straight forward task, all the stuff, including the frame, was just as advertised and really no issues at all. As a side-note I will just highlight DI2, I have never ridden with a system so easy to adjust and the shifting is smooth like never tried before. I'm already considering ditching my XX1 group in favour of the new XTR DI2.

A few random pictures from the build:

7.50 kg with 450 gram old Look pedals is not too bad on a 56 cm frame

Karsten

SportingGoods:
It's a very nice upgrade compared to your previous bike!

I would still question the choice of frame. Why pick such an aero/race type frame when what you want is obviously a comfortable ride? This forces you to max everything: spacers, up-right stem, very high position of the brake levers. You could have picked a frame with a higher stack and set the cockpit in a more natural fashion.

karstenhorn:

--- Quote from: SportingGoods on September 26, 2016, 02:12:50 AM ---It's a very nice upgrade compared to your previous bike!

I would still question the choice of frame. Why pick such an aero/race type frame when what you want is obviously a comfortable ride? This forces you to max everything: spacers, up-right stem, very high position of the brake levers. You could have picked a frame with a higher stack and set the cockpit in a more natural fashion.

--- End quote ---

As a matter of fact my well used body is beginning to get in better shape and after the above pictures were taken, I have removed 15 mm of spaces for a start. My concept was to start high and work myself down shortening a little by little. I don't want to do the mistake to set the bar too low for a start and then have to deal with workarounds later down the road. I have never been more comfortable on a road bike than the FM098.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version