Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

CS-496 Build / 27.5+

<< < (4/18) > >>

Carbon_Dude:
I wonder if Peter sent you a Boost 148 axle.  Looks like you've got about an extra 3mm per side (142+3+3=148).

SportingGoods:
That's my next plan, washers. But I've emailed Peter to ask him what he thinks, if there is anything missing. Washers will work but I'd like to understand where the problem comes from! And people who will buy this frame will want to know upfront what to expect.

I can still true my wheel, I don't even need the axle for that, the frame upside down holds the hub in place.

@Carbon_Dude I had missed your message! Yes it is a Boost axel  ;D, the frame and hub are Boost. I measured the Hub, 148 mm.

Carbon_Dude:
Okay, then is it a 157x12mm fatbike axle?  I bet that's it.

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: cmh on September 13, 2016, 02:41:10 PM ---Get some washers to fill the gap?
--- End quote ---
Will not this cause either a chainline issue or the disc being hardly aligned with the caliper?

SportingGoods:
No it would not, because the washers would be on the outside of the frame.

I'll measure the total length of the axle tonight, I suspect that CD is right, it is most likely an axle for 157 hub. There is a lot more then 2 mm. The 2 mm is the minimum to start clamping the hub but there is a lot more over what it should be.

EDIT: my axle is 185 mm from the flat of the nut (in contact with the frame) to the end of the threaded section of the axle
And Peter got back to me that it's Autumn holidays for the next 3 days. So he'll check a little later what's going on.
Checking axles from other vendors it looks like Boost axles are shorter then mine (at least 3 mm shorter)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version