Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

CS-496 Build / 27.5+

<< < (16/18) > >>

ro7939:

--- Quote from: SportingGoods on June 06, 2017, 04:15:25 AM ---I like the look of a full rigid 29+, but I don't want to ride it :)...
--- End quote ---

Haha!  Today's most understated comment!  Had a strong love/hate relationship with my full rigid 2016 Trek Stache 5 29+, carbon fork, the first and last such bike Trek made, for good reason.  Sold it several weeks ago.   

We got millions of rocks in N. Utah bigger than my head, winner of countless international "big head" awards!

OTOH..........such bike seems well suited for "gravel" rides or high ratio of road miles.  But high ratio of large rocks like Utah, forget it.  Man, such bikes look sweet though, especially full carbon as pictured.       

tripleDot:
What's the height of the rider and frame size?  I'm trying to choose between getting a custom Ti touring/adventure bike or this 29+ for my nextv project. But I'm not exactly that tall, just a bit shy of 5'10. And a concern that I'd look funny in a large 29+ bike.

--- Quote from: carbonazza on June 06, 2017, 03:35:38 AM ---Here is a picture of the finished bike:

--- End quote ---

carbonazza:
He's 6'2 and took a 21"
I'm 5'10 too, and this is definitely too big for me :)

But a 19" or 17" should do it.

SportingGoods:
I'm 1m81 (whatever feet and inches ;) ) and picked a 17" frame (assembled in 27.5+).

Most people would have picked a 19" frame for my size but my inseam is not too big and I wanted this bike to be easy to move around (for real mountain action). So I deliberately picked a smaller size and don't regret so far. My seatpost is well extended, but not at the limit.

The bike feels really lively and turns nicely in tight corners.

Cypher:
There is good information that can be obtained 24 hours

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version