Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

My First Road Bike... is a Chiner.

<< < (4/7) > >>

tripleDot:

--- Quote from: SportingGoods on October 03, 2016, 02:44:41 AM ---Why not consider road pedals? You want to use the same shoes with all your bikes?
I'm doing this for now (using my Time XC8 pedals with my Mavic MTB shoes) but I already know that I will buy a dedicated set for my road bike in the future (probably Ultegra pedals and Fisik R5B shoes).

And I forgot to mention that I was completely shocked by the price you paid to get your bike mounted. $18  :o :o :o We definitely live in a different country!
--- End quote ---

Yes, my plan is to use the same pair  of shoes for my XC and road bike.  I'm also looking at more riding time with the XC, the road is for my long rides which is like once (or twice) every couple of months.  And also I've seen enough roadies having a really hard time walking on those rb shoes.  Hehehe.

Yup US$18... and that's considered on the expensive side.  Most lbs are just charging $6-$7 only.  That is part of the reason why I don't bother to assemble/tune-up my bikes myself.  It cost me more to buy those tools and rapair stand.

cmh:

--- Quote from: tripleDot on October 03, 2016, 03:15:47 AM ---Yes, my plan is to use the same pair  of shoes for my XC and road bike.  I'm also looking at more riding time with the XC, the road is for my long rides which is like once (or twice) every couple of months.  And also I've seen enough roadies having a really hard time walking on those rb shoes.  Hehehe.

--- End quote ---

I endorse this... I used road pedals and shoes for quite some time, but when I was doing some commuting, I switched to MTB pedals for the walkability... and discovered I personally can't tell any difference once I'm in the pedals, and I can get into the MTB pedals so much faster than any of the roadies I ride with. This is a big benefit on any ride that involves a bunch of stopping and starting. I recently tried road pedals again, and after two rides pulled them off, sold them, and I'm on nothing but MTB pedals now.

carbonazza:
Thanks cmh and tripledot!
I was wondering if I needed to buy road shoes, for the few times I ride a road bike.
Not anymore :)

tripleDot:
Some new updates.

Pedals are now Crank Brothers Candy 2, a shorter stem with wider angle. Which puts it in a more upright position and more comfty for me.  Also got a brighter orange Fizik bartape, I didn't remove the old bartape, had it double wrapped instead. Resulting in a more comfty feel.

This is actually a new frame. Had a mysterious crack and a patch of chipping cf on the right seat stay on the original frame (pic 2). Had it disassembled last Feb (or March) for painting and discovered the crack. So I reported it to Peter. After a few emails of pictures he told me he would replace it but I had to wait a while as he doesn't have an available replacement. Didn't really had any problem with Peter except for the waiting time. But then again, I wasn't in a hurry. Anyway, did a couple of 100km plus a few sub-50km on it already.

Oh yeah, the painting. It was actually a very bad experience for me. Commissioned this local guy who actually got a lot of praises on his facebook account. He charges $100 for it. Turned out to be very unprofessional. Couldn't keep his own schedules, no updates or communications. The 2 weeks job turned out to be a disaster. His $100 paint job wasn't worth $10. I told I would not accept such a mediocre paint job and had him redo it. He pretty much had 3 extensions, and after a month was still asking for another one. So I told him I'm tired of his excuses and gave him 1 day to return the frame to me in it's original state. 1 whole month wasted.

rainysunny:
Just curious if the frame was ever replaced by peter? And if you’ve had updates on your paint job  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version