Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

My First Road Bike... is a Chiner.

<< < (6/7) > >>

tripleDot:
Regarding the 50x13... well, there's lots of mountains over here. But there is this 200km (round trip) route here that is 95% flat that a friend and I frequent (not exactly the whole 200km though).  Downtown is pretty flat too. It is kind'a easy for me to avoid the climbs.  ;)

As for the repair, yup, wrapped with carbon cloth and epoxy, 3 layers I believe.

tripleDot:
Did a 50km on the ss yesterday and learned something unexpectedly. It's a lesson on saddle. Literally the saddle. I got that saddle for 5 or 6 dollars over a couple of years ago. It was intended for my XC but 5km into the first ride and I already want to ditch it. That was how uncomfortable it was. Tried selling it but it didn't move, so it stayed in the garage all these time until I got this ss project. I sort of forgot to get a new saddle for the ss and remembered this old one. So I thought that I'll use it as a temp until I get one of those Fabric Scoop saddle. But that 50km showed me that that old saddle was made for this ss. Seems like bike geometry had something to do with saddle comfort too. All those years, I thought that if the saddle doesn't work for you on one bike, it wouldn't work for you on another bike either. Guess I just saved $25-50 bucks.

About the ride... I'm loving this build. Would love to try a 100km on it. Seems like the repair would hold.

tripleDot:
Just playing around.  Because I used a bullhorn handle bar, I got some excess bar tapes that I thought of doing some DIYs. With some Gorilla tape, I made my ss a chainstay protector. Not so nice up close though, you can see bubbles.

Carbon_Dude:
Nice looking road bike TripleDot!

tripleDot:
Thanks CD, rides even better.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version