Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

29er/27,5+ boost frame

(1/4) > >>

MVinter:
I'm looking for a frame for my new all-mountain/freeride bike. I really love the Intense ACV, but the price is outside my budget. Does anyone have suggestions for a FS frame in 120-160mm area, which is long and slack (65-67 degrees HA)? I also need L/XL size and many chiner frames I have only seen smal sizes.

SportingGoods:
If that frame existed I would have bought it. As far as I know there is no such frame from a (reliable) Chinese vendor.

MVinter:
I was thinking if it could be a 2016 model 29er with boost spacing i could try to find in the used marked, which have room for 27+ tires. Maybe even a 2015 model but i don't think there are any with boost... Regarding HA; i could use angleset headset to get the HA i want.

SportingGoods:
Most Chiner frames from 2015 and before were pure XC: large HA.
Also the larger rear tire you could fit is a WTB Trailblazer.

I used to get that setup, with a longer fork to reduce the HA. But that's not what you want.

2016 started to provide some frames moving to slacker HA (but not 66°) and real plus size tire fit but travel remains limited to 100 mm.

Let's cross fingers that 2017 will provide longer travel frames...

MVinter:
I was also thinking about NON-chiner models. Trek were early with boost spacing and maybe I could try to find a remedy 29 and use angleset headset to get sub 67 degrees. Do you know if there are room for 2.8-3.0 tires?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version