Chinese Carbon MTB > Fat Bikes

CS 197?

<< < (3/3)

tybiker25:

--- Quote from: Cevan on January 24, 2017, 06:15:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: tybiker25 on January 24, 2017, 12:40:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cevan on January 24, 2017, 11:56:21 AM ---Tybiker, I'm looking for info on running the rear derailleur and rear brake lines.  Are there sleeves?  Any difficulties?  Do they rattle?

--- End quote ---

Sleeves? Do you mean internal guide sleeves? There aren't any of those, but there are plastic removable caps where the routing goes, which makes it easier to find the loose end when pushing through the frame. Mine have never rattled.

--- End quote ---

Yes, guide sleeves. 
My 197 is in transit.

How did you get the brake and cable lines through the holes in the frame?
Is there access on the underside of the BB?

--- End quote ---

There isn't access, but there is a lot of room on the inside of the frame near the bottom bracket. I just used a small metal hook and helped it through with the bottom bracket uninstalled. Takes a minute, but it's really not that bad. I started from the bottom of the chainstay and worked up towards the head tube.

Cevan:

--- Quote from: tybiker25 on January 24, 2017, 06:25:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Cevan on January 24, 2017, 11:56:21 AM ---Tybiker, I'm looking for info on running the rear derailleur and rear brake lines.  Are there sleeves?  Any difficulties?  Do they rattle?

--- End quote ---

Sleeves? Do you mean internal guide sleeves? There aren't any of those, but there are plastic removable caps where the routing goes, which makes it easier to find the loose end when pushing through the frame. Mine have never rattled.

--- End quote ---

Yes, guide sleeves. 
My 197 is in transit.

--- End quote ---

There isn't access, but there is a lot of room on the inside of the frame near the bottom bracket. I just used a small metal hook and helped it through with the bottom bracket uninstalled. Takes a minute, but it's really not that bad. I started from the bottom of the chainstay and worked up towards the head tube.

--- End quote ---

Cool. 
How long did shipping take once it got to the shipper?

tybiker25:

--- Quote from: Cevan on January 24, 2017, 07:17:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: tybiker25 on January 24, 2017, 06:25:30 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes, guide sleeves. 
My 197 is in transit.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Cool. 
How long did shipping take once it got to the shipper?

--- End quote ---

Once it shipped it took about 5-7 business days to arrive.

park city big guy:
what did you run for a front and rear hub ? size and brand ? 190mm rear but front? starting my first build soon..

tybiker25:

--- Quote from: park city big guy on February 11, 2017, 11:43:08 AM ---what did you run for a front and rear hub ? size and brand ? 190mm rear but front? starting my first build soon..

--- End quote ---

I got a pair of Peter's already built wheelsets.

Chosen hubs, 15x150 front, 12x197mm rear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version