Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Dengfu M06

<< < (3/9) > >>

alexdi:
Dengfu just posted a 27+ frame design based on the M06, except with Boost spacing in the rear. The geometry is identical to the current Scott Spark down to the millimeter. (The M06 has an ETT 1.3cm shorter.) Which means, save for Trek's Top Fuel, it's about as aggressive as a modern XC bike can be.

My only concern is that a 51mm BB drop may be a bridge too far with a 27.5+ tire. Typical XC 29ers are around 40mm (the CS-036 is 43mm), with 27+ bikes nearer to 30mm. Makes me wonder about pedal strikes. If you're after Nino's ride, the sensible course would be to buy the 27+ frame and equip 29" wheels.

Carbon_Dude:
Hey Alex, you should post some info in the 29+/27.5+ bike forum.  I see DengFu has a 27.5+ boost frame and the 29er M06 Frame on their website.  They show 50.5mm BB drop for the M06 29er (which I am wondering if that's correct) but no info on the 27.5+ boost frame that I can see.  My Spec SJ CC 6Fattie (27.5+) has a BB drop of 33mm and pedal strikes are a bit of an issue so 50.5mm would be not something I would want.

MickeF:
I'm also really interested in this frame, but there's not much to read about it, apart from the info at Dengfus site.

Now I have an "IP-106" HT frame (from XMIPlay.com)  right now, very pleased with it, but would like to build a FS for XC/trail.

Anyone seen more info or a M06 build somewhere?

Klaster_1:
I was planning to order it since Octorber and now finally did it. Expect photos/weight in about month, build list can be found here.

freeride1:
It's a new frame so time will tell how it works! By the way the single pivot is nothing new, C'dale Habit or Scalpel, Yeti as someone said before...I own a Salsa Spearfish with this system and works great; you'll not have the very small bumps sensitivity as a 4 link but will give you a great power transfer when kick on pedals.
This frame have very good geo numbers, slack HA, short chainstay, ST near 74° ...51mm offset fork for sure and 90/100mm stroke.
Can't find any number about rear stroke but I think 80 mmas mine Salsa, so an XC race machine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version