Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Dengfu M06

<< < (8/9) > >>

Stef27:
Hello
I read that in case of tailgating of the damper, the rear axle can come to touch the frame.
What do you think ?
Is there something to modify ?

Stef27:

https://images.empreintesduweb.com/1487878999.jpg.html

adbl:
I have read about that as well. I don't know if DengFu made a change but with my bike when the shock is completely bottomed out there is plenty of clearance for just about any size tire. I don't know why that owner had that issue.

olao:
Will try to resurrect this old thread, just in case anyone cares to continue the discussion on the linkage and suspension of the frame.

I just decided to measure the leverage ratio on my M06 - which is the awesomest bike I have owned btw - because I still have some trimming of the rear shock to do.

When I drew it in Linkage the leverage ratio is very progressive, but that has not really been my feeling riding it. The measurements tell me that it is a completely constant leverage ratio of about 2.75. I trust the measurements (23 measurements of shock compression and wheel travel, regression line completely linear, with an R2=0.999, line through the origin), but not my linkage drawing. In Linkage I was not able to draw the little swing arm between the seat stay /rear triangle and shock, and I guess that swing arm actually bends the seat stay during compression. And that might linearize the shock - wheel travel relation.

Any thoughts on this?

What shocks are you using? I am using a Manitou McLeod, which is probably a great shock, but I have a hard time finding a single rebound setting that makes me happy on every trail. I will probably change the shim stack eventually, but decided to measure the leverage ratio to help me think about if I would be helped by a larger can on it.

charlesrg:

--- Quote from: olao on April 24, 2018, 04:04:27 PM ---Will try to resurrect this old thread, just in case anyone cares to continue the discussion on the linkage and suspension of the frame.

I just decided to measure the leverage ratio on my M06 - which is the awesomest bike I have owned btw - because I still have some trimming of the rear shock to do.

When I drew it in Linkage the leverage ratio is very progressive, but that has not really been my feeling riding it. The measurements tell me that it is a completely constant leverage ratio of about 2.75. I trust the measurements (23 measurements of shock compression and wheel travel, regression line completely linear, with an R2=0.999, line through the origin), but not my linkage drawing. In Linkage I was not able to draw the little swing arm between the seat stay /rear triangle and shock, and I guess that swing arm actually bends the seat stay during compression. And that might linearize the shock - wheel travel relation.

Any thoughts on this?

What shocks are you using? I am using a Manitou McLeod, which is probably a great shock, but I have a hard time finding a single rebound setting that makes me happy on every trail. I will probably change the shim stack eventually, but decided to measure the leverage ratio to help me think about if I would be helped by a larger can on it.

--- End quote ---

I also tried to draw it in Linkage but could not finish it to spec because of the seatstay flexing instead of pivot. I'm thinking about pointing a gopro to the suspension and see how it behaves.
I also have a sussmybike that I'm waiting for years from kickstarter, that should help suspension setup.
So far on the same page, love the bike, but when I look at the bobbing while pedaling it does not seem optimal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version