Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Dengfu M06

<< < (2/9) > >>

alexdi:
> Do you know if there are any full-suspension 29er Boost frames in the works?

From Peter at XMCS:

> We are working on it

:D

Klaster_1:
Given 68.5° head tube angle, how do you guys think the handling will change compared to 36?

numberzero:

--- Quote from: Klaster_1 on October 30, 2016, 08:10:05 PM ---Given 68.5° head tube angle, how do you guys think the handling will change compared to 36?

--- End quote ---
Compared to 036 it will be a rocket on descent but slower to turn on flat and a bit more difficult to climb too. That's why you'll probably need to get handlebar low to put weight on front axle or putting a 51mm offset fork but i never tested this option.

On the frame itself i find the main pivot seems low to achieve a good antisquat with big chainrings and i would like to know how will the carbonflex pivot affect the suspension.

adbl:

--- Quote from: numberzero on October 31, 2016, 07:15:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: Klaster_1 on October 30, 2016, 08:10:05 PM ---Given 68.5° head tube angle, how do you guys think the handling will change compared to 36?

--- End quote ---
Compared to 036 it will be a rocket on descent but slower to turn on flat and a bit more difficult to climb too. That's why you'll probably need to get handlebar low to put weight on front axle or putting a 51mm offset fork but i never tested this option.

On the frame itself i find the main pivot seems low to achieve a good antisquat with big chainrings and i would like to know how will the carbonflex pivot affect the suspension.

--- End quote ---

Given that we know how little testing or engineering goes into Chiner designs (or at least we perceive little testing/engineering) it does concern me as well how the flex will effect the rear suspension. I guess the only way to know is to actually build one and perform our own scrutineering. If it doesn't work as desired one would be out $700 - $800 bucks on the experiment???

adbl:
Found another 29er that looks interesting! I was searching on Yishun Bike's site looking for carbon rims and found this: LCFS902. It's similar to the Dengfu M06 but has the pivot point near the rear axle. Might be a little more conventional than having a fixed triangle? Just a thought. Take a look at the specs and comments are requested  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version