Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Carbon Speed 2017 27.5 plus FS frame CS-FS27

<< < (21/22) > >>

lRaphl:
Maybe a Ti bolt that fits tight inside this one? With an hex nut the same size as the allen key needed on one side?

http://torontocycles.com/Selling/Titanium_Bolts.html

GuitsBoy:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I dont see anything that would fit.  I was going to try to find a sex bolt with a 10mm OD sleeve, but those are hard to come by.

I wound up ordering a half meter length of 10mm OD 8mm ID Titanium tubing, which I should be able to press fit inside the new bolt.  I've done similar modification to rear hub axles, and it helped substantially.  Just one of the many perils of being a clyde cyclist.

ReverendRockRazor:
Mine came loose. If yours was loose this might have caused the failure.

GuitsBoy:

--- Quote from: ReverendRockRazor on February 11, 2018, 11:54:30 PM ---Mine came loose. If yours was loose this might have caused the failure.

--- End quote ---
If this was in response to my broken pivot bolt, it was not loose.  It was quite a challenge to remove the threads after the bolt broke off.  If anything I suspect that it was too tight, and it failed on a particularly cold day (single digits F).  But who knows if contraction played a role or not.  Ive since epoxied a short length of titanium tubing into  the ID to reinforce the bolt and hopefully prevent future failures.

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: GuitsBoy on February 12, 2018, 06:06:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: ReverendRockRazor on February 11, 2018, 11:54:30 PM ---Mine came loose. If yours was loose this might have caused the failure.

--- End quote ---
If this was in response to my broken pivot bolt, it was not loose.  It was quite a challenge to remove the threads after the bolt broke off.  If anything I suspect that it was too tight, and it failed on a particularly cold day (single digits F).  But who knows if contraction played a role or not.  Ive since epoxied a short length of titanium tubing into  the ID to reinforce the bolt and hopefully prevent future failures.

--- End quote ---

Ironically my P8 bolt broke in the exact same spot.  I ended up finding a standard black oxide steel bolt with the proper length and thread pitch and turned the head down to match the taper. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version