Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Chiner Components - Finds, Recommendations, Reviews, Knockoffs

<< < (14/15) > >>

bremerradkurier:

--- Quote from: Bos on March 27, 2018, 03:57:15 AM ---Yes thanks thats the first one that pops up in Google.

The shop is in the states. I'm looking to go direct through China/Taiwan/HK vendor. The "Bikehubstore" sells these at 150$ while they should go for around 50-70$ on AliExpress.

--- End quote ---

I've heard that in some cases Ali resellers will install questionable mainland Chinese bearings instead of better Japanese and Euro bearings.

ernestkus:

--- Quote from: Bos on March 27, 2018, 03:57:15 AM ---Yes thanks thats the first one that pops up in Google.

The shop is in the states. I'm looking to go direct through China/Taiwan/HK vendor. The "Bikehubstore" sells these at 150$ while they should go for around 50-70$ on AliExpress.

--- End quote ---

Some info from my wheelbuilder friend, a lot of taiwanese suppliers only want to sell large quantities. So, it's hard to find any new bitex or chosen hubs if you don't contact directly to the supplier. Bikehubstore is the only one I know selling bites hubs. It used to be a lot on ebay

Bhaalgorn:
Update time. My confidence in Aliexpress has grown exponentially. I've yet to get burned on a product, and each order has exceeded my expectations. Here's what I've purchased and my experience so far:

* $7 VXM plastic saddle - Love it. Very comfortable. Weighs just over 180g. I've got about 200 miles on it so far and I'm a big guy.
* $24 ELITA One carbon stem in 60 and 70mm. I've bought two because I've needed the low stack height these over. They've been very solid, and I'm pleased with them. I dislike the stem bolt interface, but it's a minor complaint.
* I've purchased numerous KINGSTOP hoses and fittings (Shimano, SRAM and Formula). All work great. Just make sure you buy the correct connections.
* $4 for 5 Shift cables. Works as expected. No issues.
* $20 - Superlogic 27.2 carbon setback seatpost - only about 10 miles, but holding steady. Goofy leveling mechanism, but it's not too hard to figure out.
* $1 red aluminum seatpost clamp. Came branded unlike the parts shown in the picture. Works fine though.
* $13 for 4 pairs of red metallic sintered disc pads from SOOCENT. Love these pads. Great stopping power, durability and they're quiet. I've bought 3 or 4 sets now.
* 3 months later and I'm still waiting for these shift cable hosings to arrive. Seller finally sent a replacement.
* Silicone grips. These SUCK! Do not bother. They're very thin and loose on the bars. I've tried several vendors silicone grips and haven't found anything worthwhile.

MTB2223:

--- Quote from: Bhaalgorn on April 26, 2018, 01:49:09 PM ---
* $7 VXM plastic saddle - Love it. Very comfortable. Weighs just over 180g. I've got about 200 miles on it so far and I'm a big guy.
* $1 red aluminum seatpost clamp. Came branded unlike the parts shown in the picture. Works fine though.
--- End quote ---
About the saddle: I had two of this saddle, used by my son (8yr) and myself, both snapped at the same point after a while. It's comfortable, light, but not durable. I'm avoiding this one. See: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,184.msg2835.html#msg2835
About the clamp: I'm using this as well, but recently one broke into pieces after two year of use. So, for this one, buy a spare one.

Bhaalgorn:

--- Quote from: MTB2223 on April 30, 2018, 02:58:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bhaalgorn on April 26, 2018, 01:49:09 PM ---
--- End quote ---
About the saddle: I had two of this saddle, used by my son (8yr) and myself, both snapped at the same point after a while. It's comfortable, light, but not durable. I'm avoiding this one. See: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,184.msg2835.html#msg2835
About the clamp: I'm using this as well, but recently one broke into pieces after two year of use. So, for this one, buy a spare one.

--- End quote ---

Good feedback. I'll put it through the ringer this CX season. I'm a clunky remounter, so if it's going to break it'll be then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version