Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Klaster_1's Dengfu M06 build

<< < (2/18) > >>

Klaster_1:
Meanwhile, I've decided put rear tire on to see how everything looks together. Thunder Burt 2.2" didn't require levers at all, but was still too loose in order to seat with track pump. After some muscling, I've managed to pull the tire on about half the bead on both sides, which finally allowed to pump air. It measures 54mm on a 29mm inner rim, that's 4mm short of 2.2". Seatstay clearance is about 13mm in every direction, maybe a bit less at chainstays. Claimed 2.3" clearances seems about right, I guess tires up to 60mm should be fine. I'll post tomorrow about air loss without sealant.

I've also ordered more stuff:

* One RWC needle kit in 22.2mm for rocker arm shock eyelet. Didn't decide about frame one, but probably something Fox-style.
* A shock bushing tool from local manufacturer, about 15.5USD including tracked shipping.
* A set of Xpedo M-Force 8 Ti to hit sub-10kg goal.

carbonazza:
Next time, you can try this less muscular trick: inflate a tube inside the tire (not mounted) for a few hours or the night before.
The tire takes a better, more rounded shape.
Then put it on, and hear this nice double pop come much more easily.

Another advice is to use a removable-core valve.
Once the tire is inflated and beaded, unscrew the core and inject the fluid with a 60ml syringe.
It helps too, when refilling every couple of months or so.
It is clean and keep the fluid inside the tire only :)

MTB2223:

--- Quote from: carbonazza on February 21, 2017, 03:26:15 AM ---Then put it on, and hear this nice double pop come much easier.

--- End quote ---
And to hear this nice double pop a little bit quicker, spray your tire sides with soapy water. It will pops quicker and with less tire pressure.

Polo7:
Hey Klaster_1,

"...One RWC needle kit in 22.2mm for rocker arm shock eyelet. Didn't decide about frame one, but probably something Fox-style."

Very interested in the rear shock you select/purchase for this frame. 

xcfreak:

* One RWC needle kit in 22.2mm for rocker arm shock eyelet. Didn't decide about frame one, but probably something Fox-style.
Would it be possible to see a picture of these bearings when you install the shock, I am a little confused about what is included in the frame purchase, and what additional hardware is required for mounting the rear shock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version