Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Carbon Wheels for 29+ bike - worthwhile upgrade?

<< < (2/4) > >>

groussere:
Yes, considering the 54t star ratchet upgrade, but that's something I can do myself fairly easily in the future. Funny, I didn't ask Peter about that but I wonder if he can upgrade it for me.

Midwest-MTBer:
I'd be curious if Peter would be able to do that at less cost than the $100 kit for us! If so I'd definitely get my next set of wheels pre built with them. Also, peters wheels are awesome. I have a set and they're fantastic. You won't be going wrong down this route.

groussere:
I contacted Peter and he only can do the 36t upgrade. He quoted me $35 for the upgrade. Anyone think it's worth it? I've never ridden anything else than 18t, or whatever comes stock on the 350 hubs.

Carbon_Dude:
For $35 I'd do it, it takes your engagement point from every 20 deg to every 10 deg.  You will notice a difference, but, it's really only needed if you are in technical areas like rock gardens where you might need to ratchet your pedal stroke.  Otherwise, it's more of a nice-to-have kinda thing.

carbonazza:
My last build was with DT240 hubs.
Coming from Hope hubs, that have much more points of contacts, I was initially annoyed by the delay of engagement.

But after a while I don't notice it anymore.
And if I remember well, the upgraded star ratchet are less robust.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version