Chinese Carbon MTB > 26er & 27.5 (650b)

24" frame options?

(1/2) > >>

mezastel:
'Sup everyone. I was wondering, are there any options for carbon frames for 24" wheels? I'm looking for something decent for my kid, his current bike weighing 16 kilos :(

bxcc:
Nothing specifically for a 24" wheel but if you look a couple of threads down, I have a build thread for my daughter's 14" bike. As long as you keep the crank arm length proportional, you should be able to run 24" wheels in it just fine. 

mezastel:
Thanks, I think if a 26" was small enough I'd go for that. Meanwhile, I found that Specialized do a 24" aluminium bike that weighs just 9 kilos (!) with 2.8 tyres. I'm unlikely to build anything better myself, TBH.

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: mezastel on March 21, 2017, 03:24:12 AM ---Thanks, I think if a 26" was small enough I'd go for that. Meanwhile, I found that Specialized do a 24" aluminium bike that weighs just 9 kilos (!) with 2.8 tyres. I'm unlikely to build anything better myself, TBH.

--- End quote ---

A 14"/26" bike for a kid can be about 2kg lighter, but ok for about $1000+ / 1200€

mezastel:
Well I'm sure it could be lighter still if carbon frames were available, but sadly they are not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version