Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

take chance on $15 NECO

<< < (2/3) > >>

bxcc:
My vote would be to get the NECO and then a CC lower race. The two generic frames i have, both came with the NECO headsets and they have been fine. But the lower race does not have any seals to it. It's just an aluminum lower race. I think the CC races that have some seals built into them would be a good addition if you thought it would help. And they are only $10 from any LBS.

RS VR6:
What I do like about those aluminum crown races is that they are split. No need to hammer it on. Same with removal...no tools needed.

Rigid_Bloke:

--- Quote from: MTB2223 on March 31, 2017, 07:07:11 AM ---That's nonsense. The NECO headset is a good headset. The best you can get for the money. The CC isn't as twice better than the NECO. When there's water or mud in the headset, the CC is warned out as quick as the NECO.

I've got multiple NECO headset on stock. If one of the  current headsets is warned out, I'll replace it. Once in a year or two. We're all riding NECO (three chiners, three NECO's). And they last at least a year without problem.

--- End quote ---

Maybe the CC would last 2 years or longer?

danK:
This was my first Chinese frame but multiple LB rims are in the garage. Service has been better or quicker than some US-based companies! In fact, I had a highly regarded long low slack aluminum 29er HT based out of Utah on the short list but the company never replied. I know emails get lost and phone calls are missed for good reason, and it's not to bash anyone, merely pointing out Peter's quick customer service. Looking forward to having a backup bike and pseudo gravel/bad weather ride.

adbl:
No need to worry about Neco headsets. I have one road bike and two mountain bikes that i abuse with Neco headsets and no issues at all. Still feel smooth and sturdy. One place to spend your money though is bottom brackets!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version