Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

New Wheelset

<< < (2/4) > >>

bxcc:
What size tire do you plan on using? The wider the tire, the wider the rim. Also, if you like leaning the bike to turn in high speed corners, you will want to go wider than normal. Somewhere between 23 and 30 would suffice but I would lean towards 26 or 27 if it's mostly XC like you mentioned.

For comparison, here is what I run

2.35 Bontrager XR4 tires - 29mm inner width rims - SC 5010.2 - ride somewhat aggressive and lean as much as my ability allows - very happy with width and tire choice

2.2 Bontrager XR2 tires - 23mm inner width - WW 062 chiner HT Singlespeed - ride it playfully but strictly XC type of riding - happy, would like wider but don't want to add weight or pay for carbon so 23mm works.

bdub:
I was just looking at what Peter has to offer and the DSS-HR930C seem to fit my criteria pretty wheel. Sent him an email to see how much he is charging for those.
Thanks for your help guys.

Carbon_Dude:
I'd probably go with the 30mm wide DSS-HR930C you mentioned in your last post.  That's a good middle of the road width and can work with lots of different tires from 2.1 up to 3.0 in width.

bdub:
Been working with Peter on pricing and there seems to be a couple hundred dollar difference between the Sapim Race spokes and the CX Deltas. To me the Deltas don't seem worth the extra price, but I am not an expert. What do you guys think?

Midwest-MTBer:
I'd say role with the cheaper spokes. You may save a few grams, but I don't think the price is worth it. If the more expensive ones are bladed I think that's cool, but not needed for mountain biking. I run bladed spokes on my road bike, but don't see the point of doing it on an mountain bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version