Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Charles M06 XL build

(1/9) > >>

charlesrg:
New frame just arrived. I will post the build progress here as I go through.
So far the frame arrived and it weights 2070grams.

It will run XX1 on SID XX fork and XT brakes. I'm moving the components from my 036 cracked frame.

Klaster_1:

--- Quote from: charlesrg on April 26, 2017, 09:20:11 PM ---I'm moving the components from my 036 cracked frame.

--- End quote ---
What happened to your 036 exactly?

adbl:
Ooooo i'm very interested in this build. I have been eyeing one of these frames up for a while now. I'd be interested to know your thoughts on how it rides when you're finished.

charlesrg:

--- Quote from: Klaster_1 on April 26, 2017, 10:57:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: charlesrg on April 26, 2017, 09:20:11 PM ---I'm moving the components from my 036 cracked frame.

--- End quote ---
What happened to your 036 exactly?

--- End quote ---
First I broke the left seatstay. I replaced it and done another 200 miles on it. Now I've a crack on the junction of the top tube and seat tube. So to replace that it will be major work. Instead of getting another 036 I decided to get this M06 as I thought to be better.
So far I'm very happy with the M06. The hardware junctions are better, I imagine it will have much less play.

charlesrg:
Ok, build is complete. I will be changing the seatpost next week but that's all it's missing. Weights 24.6lbs complete including pedals.
Wheels are All Mountain Carbon hookless 35mm wide. Tires are Maxxis Ikon 2.35
Highlights XX1 on Eagle cranks

I can easily make this bike weight 23lbs by changing the XT brakes to XTR and putting my XC wheels on it.

I didn't ride it yet. 3 things to note. Frame Rear wheel axle space is too wide, it's definitely out of spec, should be 142 but its like 146, for a moment I thought the shipped me a boost rear triangle.
The Rear wheel play is much less than the IP036. The play on the IP036 is pretty big, but I still won races with it. It really didn't affected my ride.
The bike geometry is really slack.
Will post more after riding this weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version