Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

27.5+ FS Frame Options

<< < (3/4) > >>

drummercat:
Nope.....I drill the internal routing holes by myself......

The shock is a fox ctd 165x38 non kashima. Looking for upgrade....may be a 2017 giant  anthem reer shock???

Peter60:
Drimmercat, can you please give a feedback about driving and feeling for this FS027 with 29" wheel?
Is the frame good enough for climbing (very high slope %)?
Efficiency is good?
What about DH performance also?

I also would like to know if the rear triangle is stiff on lateral side (I remember one a my trail carbon bike that was too flexible on that  point)?

I am interesting to know your opinion for the right fork : is the frame more suitable with a Reba or a Pike?

mr_manny:
What about Unified Rear Triangle...is this a PRO or CON?

drummercat:
Hey Peter,

Sorry for the late,
I didn`t climb with a very steep slope yet, but for normal to medium slope (some 1:10 or 1:8), the bike is very comforntable and efficient to ride, front wheel rarely raise up and rear traction is good. (well, at least for my setting.)

For the downhill performance, this is the 2nd short travel 29er I own, the former is a specialized camber with 110mm rear travel, fs027 has just 100mm with 165x38 sgock shock. Actually the Camber feels slightly better on DH, more subtle for small stuff. But the camber doesn`t corner as good as the 027. If the 027 have the full 120mm rear or a pair of beefier tyres it may outperform the camber on dh easily I think.

The 027 is laterally stiff, compared to most other bikes I`ve own. Include some good euduro bikes.

The bike is actually a XC ~trail bike, I recommend a fork with  120mm travel max. Pike 29er 120mm is good, but it will add 10 more mm compare to a reba 120. It will slacken the bike a little bit but also impact the climbings.

Hope this helps.  :)

Peter60:
Thank you for the review  :)

Then I bought this frame and I received it some days ago. Quality is good.

laterally stiff is good compared to me previous FS (MSC Blast).

Did not get all components yet then didn't ride it. 

Despite seller recommendation I quite sure the 165x45 mm rear shox will not fit therefore I will buy the Monarch XX 165x32.

I will keep you informed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version