Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

A 057

<< < (2/3) > >>

325racer:
Pretty sure mine stops at the bottle cage screws.  Best would probably be to just shorten the seaport.  Usually there's more issue with a post being to short and not having enough material in the frame.

adbl:
Yes, that is normal. They are threaded inserts that are essentially glued into the frame so there will be a build up of material around the cage mounts. I would suggest not cutting a slot in the seatpost rather cut the whole stem to a length that clears the cage mounts for your appropriate length needed.

0435235:
Thank you both. I guess I'll just shorten the seattube, as you recommended. :D

RS VR6:
Instead of getting the MT5 and 4...why not just get the MT Trail Sport(non carbon version of the MT Trail). It comes with the dual piston of the MT5 and single of the MT4. Plus you get the new HC lever.

0435235:
My decision was based on cost. MT Trail Sports are 185€ to 200€ with the main advantage over the MT5+MT4 being better levers. The MT5+MT4 combo was 129€ when I ordered it. It was more convenient to stay a little below my max. budget (my parents allowed me a budget of 1900€ of my own money) so I'd have a little spare money in case of a "bike building emergency".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version