Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

XM carbon speed FS27

<< < (2/5) > >>

MVinter:
I don't know how it compares to the 6fattie, but it is much more nible than what you should expect from a plus bike.

Regarding bar height I don't know, but it's shure feels normal to me. I guess it will be like this if you are quite tall, and would have been even worse if you have shorter fork.
I was about to take the 21", but I was afraid that the long reach could be to much and make the bike to long. I'm 188cm and have seat at 82cm from BB center. I think the bike deserves a 150mm fork to get out the max potensial if you have a rough riding style. The shorter rear travel makes it good to climb as well. I rarely use lock out, even on gravel roads. Last two weeks I have done 170km with singletrack, with all sorts of terrain - from smooth hardpacked soil to rough rocky sections. I think this is one of the best do-it-all trailbikes I have tried. But one big thing where it's not perfect is mud... Plus tires are really poor in mud!

My wife have same frame but with a little less expensive components. 15,5" and 120mm fox 34, and this is perfect as the front end is not to high. Seat height 68cm/height 167cm. She is relly happy, but she does not have to much to compare to.

Carbon_Dude:
At 6'-2" (US measurements) I would have expected you to have a 21" frame but that decision is purely your personal preference.  If the size of the bike feels correct to you that's what is most important.

The 6Fattie has 150mm travel front, 135mm rear, which works well for the trails in my area.  I miss not having a lockout lever right up on the bars for long steep climbs.

I don't find my plus tires bad in the mud, just the opposite in that I feel I get more grip without sinking as far into the mud.  However, I can understand how you may like the skinnier tires that might dig in and have a more natural feel in a mud rut.

MVinter:
Remember that the reach is quite long on this frame. this 19" is longer than my previous XL Scott Genius.

Among all I have talked to there is an consensus that plus tires are bad in the mud. You could not compare 3.0 nobby nick vs 2.25 NN... The weight and grip in other conditions are very different between these two. If you f.eks. compare 3.0 NN vs 2.4 Magic mary, there are way different grip in mud. The 3.0 does not even get close. Luckily I dont have to much mud on the trails around here, most rock, and then the plus tires really shine!

ReverendRockRazor:
Would you mind posting a pic of the unused trunnion shock mount bolts? My frame did not come with them and it would help me find the right ones.

drummercat:
MVinter,

Mine is size M 17" and I am just 173cm tall, for me that reach is just fit, I need to fit a -17degree 70mm stem with a flat bar for it. I really depends on what kind of riding position you like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version