Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Ican P8 full suspension build

<< < (13/24) > >>

johnnydamage:
so I stumbled across this when searching for a frame weight on the p8. sorry if this has already been brought up. but it looks like there is a company selling complete bikes with an almost identical frame (looks the same to me) its called a Barghest NX. there are some reviews and stuff on other websites too, which is nice. 

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: johnnydamage on February 26, 2018, 02:10:41 PM ---so I stumbled across this when searching for a frame weight on the p8. sorry if this has already been brought up. but it looks like there is a company selling complete bikes with an almost identical frame (looks the same to me) its called a Barghest NX. there are some reviews and stuff on other websites too, which is nice.

--- End quote ---

Yes sir.  Its a P8 frame with what appears to be a different linkage (I couldnt get any information out of Ican about that linkage either)  Evolve Bikes out of Canada also sells a P9 frame that they are calling the Alpha 29.

https://evolvebikes.ca/products/copy-of-evolve-alpha-29-pre-order

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: johnnydamage on February 26, 2018, 02:10:41 PM ---so I stumbled across this when searching for a frame weight on the p8. sorry if this has already been brought up. but it looks like there is a company selling complete bikes with an almost identical frame (looks the same to me) its called a Barghest NX. there are some reviews and stuff on other websites too, which is nice.

--- End quote ---

You can still likely build the P8 cheaper yourself with better parts.  Im a HUGE fan of Manitou stuff, so I actually am currently running a McLeod rear shock and this year running a Manitou Magnum Pro that I have stretched out to 150mm (same thing as the current Mattoc Pro)

I cant wait to get out on the trail! 

I also converted the bike to a 29er for this year with 2.5 Maxxis Minion DHF in the front and a 2.4 Maxxis Ardent in the rear.  Looking forward to the trails drying out so that I can go for a rip.

johnnydamage:
cool another one! must be a good frame then. I can't wait to ride either summer is commi ng! so here my work in progress. stuck a 100mm fork on there I don't need 120mm. stuffed an old trek shock in there. Mr hacksaw mr angle grinder and Mr drill had and Mr tap and die all had to make appearance to squeeze it in there. but feels good so far. haven't had it out for real yet though. you guys run fill cable housing for the shifter?

Silverado123:
For the Barghest the HA seems to be 68.5 which is pretty steep nowadays. Is the p8 slacker? How low is the BB? I would be putting on 200x57 shock to steepen up the that HA. It could be an optical illusion that its 74 degrees but i don't believe it. The Followings SA is allegedly 74 and everyone complains that its way too slack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version