Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Ican P8 full suspension build

<< < (14/24) > >>

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: johnnydamage on February 27, 2018, 04:43:41 PM ---cool another one! must be a good frame then. I can't wait to ride either summer is commi ng! so here my work in progress. stuck a 100mm fork on there I don't need 120mm. stuffed an old trek shock in there. Mr hacksaw mr angle grinder and Mr drill had and Mr tap and die all had to make appearance to squeeze it in there. but feels good so far. haven't had it out for real yet though. you guys run fill cable housing for the shifter?

--- End quote ---

I do run full cable housing on everything with this bike.

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: Silverado123 on February 27, 2018, 05:08:09 PM ---For the Barghest the HA seems to be 68.5 which is pretty steep nowadays. Is the p8 slacker? How low is the BB? I would be putting on 200x57 shock to steepen up the that HA. It could be an optical illusion that its 74 degrees but i don't believe it. The Followings SA is allegedly 74 and everyone complains that its way too slack.

--- End quote ---

The P8 is 68 degrees with a 120mm fork.  Also running a 200 x 57 shock won't steepen the seat tube angle.  The eye to eye is the same length.  Just more stroke.  It is 74 degrees.  And it's easily rideable.  If a person can't learn to lean weight forward on clinbs then this is likely NOT the bike for you.  Neither are 80% of the mid to long travel bikes on the market in that case.

My current HTA is 66.5 degrees with a 150mm travel fork just for reference.

johnnydamage:
can anyone confirm that mine is a p8 because I had to make a couple small notches in the linkage so that it wouldn't bind on bottom out and my shock only has a 53mm stroke. and you guys run a 57? bought it used so I actually don't know for sure maybe cuz my eye to eye on shock is 7.75 inches?

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: johnnydamage on February 27, 2018, 06:30:09 PM ---can anyone confirm that mine is a p8 because I had to make a couple small notches in the linkage so that it wouldn't bind on bottom out and my shock only has a 53mm stroke. and you guys run a 57? bought it used so I actually don't know for sure maybe cuz my eye to eye on shock is 7.75 inches?

--- End quote ---

Post a picture.

Silverado123:
I hear ya.  My Carbine 29 is about 71/72. With the fork at 150  i guess it would make the seat angle about 72. It would also raise the bb which might be good bc i hear its quite low.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version