Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Ican P8 full suspension build

<< < (17/24) > >>

johnnydamage:
what do you think would be the minimum for xc racing?

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: johnnydamage on March 02, 2018, 06:47:24 AM ---what do you think would be the minimum for xc racing?

--- End quote ---

You may be OK depending on how low your obstacles are (roots, rocks, etc)  But I would say you should run 120mm in the front at a minimum.

Bos:
Hi Guys

I'm New to Chinertown. Some great looking bikes on here. The posts on the P8 has been very helpful. Im looking at ordering one for myself. I've been in contact with Melody but I dont think the is to techninally clued up. I will apprechiate some advice.

What comes included with the frame?
Any Headset?
Rear through axel?
Shock mounting bolts/Bushings?

I will be doing just as much climbing and endurance riding as I will be doing trails. I will be running a 29'' RS Revelation 130mm on this bike with 2.3 inch tyres. Its mentioned on some threads, especially MTBR that the seat angle of the P8 looks deceptively slack but that it is the way the tube runs, and not the effective seat angle that is actually slack. So can you guys confirm, Its not a problem?
The BB height seems a common topic on all threads about the P8 but most of you seem to live with it. I will however not be running crown race spacers and 140mm forks to slacken things out since the 68 deg is kind of OK for me. I have 175 cranks and since I'm 6'' on the dot I wont be looking at getting shorter cranks to combat rock strikes. Any comments on this?

Thanks in advance.

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: Bos on March 09, 2018, 09:15:36 AM ---Hi Guys

I'm New to Chinertown. Some great looking bikes on here. The posts on the P8 has been very helpful. Im looking at ordering one for myself. I've been in contact with Melody but I dont think the is to techninally clued up. I will apprechiate some advice.

What comes included with the frame?
--- End quote ---

Headset, through axle, bolts for the shock (no bushings.  Read back through my thread here and you will see what size bushings you need)

--- Quote --- I will be doing just as much climbing and endurance riding as I will be doing trails. I will be running a 29'' RS Revelation 130mm on this bike with 2.3 inch tyres. Its mentioned on some threads, especially MTBR that the seat angle of the P8 looks deceptively slack but that it is the way the tube runs, and not the effective seat angle that is actually slack. So can you guys confirm, Its not a problem?
--- End quote ---

I just measured the seat angle and its just as the drawing says.  Its an effective STA of 74*.  Thats right in line with what every other top tier bike runs of thi caliber.

--- Quote --- The BB height seems a common topic on all threads about the P8 but most of you seem to live with it. I will however not be running crown race spacers and 140mm forks to slacken things out since the 68 deg is kind of OK for me. I have 175 cranks and since I'm 6'' on the dot I wont be looking at getting shorter cranks to combat rock strikes. Any comments on this?

Thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

The BB height is low on this bike.  But its not much lower than a lot of other similar bikes (Transition, Norco, Ibis, etc current generation of bikes)  I would advise you to keep an open mind about going to 170mm cranks though.  That 5mm really does make a difference and you wont notice any power loss contrary to what a lot of these forums threads will have you believe.  Im 5'11" tall and running 165's.  Didnt notice a lick of difference.  Anywhere.

Honestly you cannot go wrong with the P8. Its a very solid bike!  And the geo charts are pretty damn accurate.

Bos:
Thanks for the awesome reply bro. Seems there is nothing to fear, just need to hit it.

I have the option of getting a Cane Creek DB Inline 200mm X 50mm at a steal. The other option would be a plain old Float Evolution which seems to be quite widely available off Giant Trance's They are the 200mm x 57mm though. So I'd get that extra 15mm of travel. However it might come down to quality not quantity in this case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version