Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Ican P8 full suspension build

<< < (18/24) > >>

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: Bos on March 09, 2018, 02:23:22 PM ---Thanks for the awesome reply bro. Seems there is nothing to fear, just need to hit it.

I have the option of getting a Cane Creek DB Inline 200mm X 50mm at a steal. The other option would be a plain old Float Evolution which seems to be quite widely available off Giant Trance's They are the 200mm x 57mm though. So I'd get that extra 15mm of travel. However it might come down to quality not quantity in this case.

--- End quote ---

I would look at the Manitou Mcleod to be honest.  You wont find a better rear shock for twice the money.

Bos:
Thanks Bro. I will check it out seems good value..

With regards to the sag & BB height. I'm in two minds about which length stroke shock to get.  I don't want the extra 15 mm of rear travel to take away from the endurance capabilities. I could probably still set the sag the same as the shorter travel option but I will be paying for it in small bump sensitivity a little bit.

Melody from ICAN just informed me that they are out of stock in size L. I'm quite upset because just last week I asked her about stock levels and she said not to worry.  Reason for my concern is that I have a "lift" back from China for the frame to save the airfreight. My lift is returning by April 12. Have any of you had to wait for production? How reliable are they when it comes to deadlines. My past dealing with chineese factories makes me a little nervous.

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: Bos on March 13, 2018, 01:53:41 AM ---Thanks Bro. I will check it out seems good value..

With regards to the sag & BB height. I'm in two minds about which length stroke shock to get.  I don't want the extra 15 mm of rear travel to take away from the endurance capabilities. I could probably still set the sag the same as the shorter travel option but I will be paying for it in small bump sensitivity a little bit.

Melody from ICAN just informed me that they are out of stock in size L. I'm quite upset because just last week I asked her about stock levels and she said not to worry.  Reason for my concern is that I have a "lift" back from China for the frame to save the airfreight. My lift is returning by April 12. Have any of you had to wait for production? How reliable are they when it comes to deadlines. My past dealing with chineese factories makes me a little nervous.

--- End quote ---

oh man, that sucks!  I wouldnt depend on a deadline from ANY chinese factory.  With that said, Ican in general has been VERY good to deal with, and very responsive to messages!  So I guess you never know. 

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: Bos on March 13, 2018, 01:53:41 AM ---Thanks Bro. I will check it out seems good value..

--- End quote ---

BOS, are you in the US?  And do you need a large?  Im thinking about transferring parts from my medium over to a large size frame just to see if I like the extra reach on the large or not.  If I end up doing that, I would likely put my medium frame up for sale.

Bos:
Pierce, I'm afraid I'm not. Bad luck there.

Melody came back to me and said If I made payment they could manufacture in 10 days time. So I'm in luck.
Have any of you done a transfer to their Western Union account?  Or have all payed by PayPal.
Getting quite excited now.

Can you see any problems If I asked them to disassemble the frame so they can use a smaller box? How complicated are the small parts?

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version