Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Real nice build from Weight Weenines

<< < (2/2)

Chadding:

--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on June 09, 2014, 08:23:08 PM ---If I changed out my fork to a SID Worldcup, grips to foam, and tires to 520g Rocket Rons,  my bike would weight less than 18.7 lbs. 

The added cost of the fork would have only been a few hundred dollars so it's not difficult to get below 19 lbs.  What would be interesting is to see a bike at or below 18 lbs while still being as durable as mine has been.

--- End quote ---

hmmm...good point, I suppose. I'm sure there's some sub 18 and maybe even 17 (?) pound bikes out there. Durability is of course to questionable for my 205 pound frame. Although itd probably be fine.

RS VR6:
I honestly don't think there will be an issue with durability. Since there are no weight limits on the bikes used in World Cup mountain biking...alot of pros use the weight weenie parts.

Carbon_Dude:
For durability, the wheels cannot be so lightweight that they will not stand up to some abuse and a rider weight of 200 lbs, 520g Rocket Ron tires are very thin and would not hold up well on the rocky, thorny trails I ride.

Sitar_Ned:

--- Quote from: RS VR6 on June 09, 2014, 11:25:48 PM ---I honestly don't think there will be an issue with durability. Since there are no weight limits on the bikes used in World Cup mountain biking...alot of pros use the weight weenie parts.

--- End quote ---

True, but I think they use them with the ability to replace parts every race if they need to.

RS VR6:
Good point, but I think there is no better way to test a product than pro sponsorship. They put more abuse on a bike a part in one season than a recreational rider will in a year...or years.

Majority of the carbon boutique bike part makers are German. The price is high and the market is fairly small.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version