Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

E bike plus frame

<< < (3/3)

karstenhorn:
Hello all

I'm about to start a build of a electric MTB based on an old Specialized Enduro SL FSR full suspension bile. If there is interest, I can do a build thread here even though it is not a carbon Chiner frame - All the principles would be exactly the same.

The project will be based on a Bafang 750W BBS02B kit and before flaming starts I will just highlight the fact that the product is not as bad as mentioned earlier in this thread - There are 1000s of build threads out there backed up by videos that if done smartly with the right setup/programming, it is possible to build a quite capable bike for less than 600$ if on a budget. That is compared to the cost of a EMTB from a well known brand where one easily can spend $3500+ for a EMTB with less power and weaker battery. right now a basic kit can be found for 400-500$.

Pic of my donor bike:

carbonazza:
Hello Karsten,

Count me in the interested :)
I have all the parts, but still haven't mounted a 1000w Bafang on my wife's city/MTB bike.

What cassette, ring, chain, derailleur did you plan to put on it ?
I took a Luna BBSHD 130bcd Spider Chainring Adapter, as it looks the default chainring is not very good.

PS: what a fork !!

karstenhorn:

--- Quote from: carbonazza on December 29, 2017, 05:32:10 AM ---Hello Karsten,

Count me in the interested :)
I have all the parts, but still haven't mounted a 1000w Bafang on my wife's city/MTB bike.

What cassette, ring, chain, derailleur did you plan to put on it ?
I took a Luna BBSHD 130bcd Spider Chainring Adapter, as it looks the default chainring is not very good.

PS: what a fork !!

--- End quote ---

As I will us the bike mainly for commuting between home and work(55 km round trip) together with a little gravel roads, I will properly end up with a 40-42 tooth chain ring in the front. The MTB had a 10 speed 2X SRAM X0 prior to the conversion and I will stick with the rear dérailleur together with the 11-36 cassette. The stock chainring seems like complete crap and I intend to use it only as a paper weight :) I have bought a 110 BCD spider and will use a RACE Face chainring together with a chain guide. What I'm not sure of yet is the chain line so I will wait until I have everything installed weather I need spacers or not. I have also bought the gear sensor so it will cut out the engine when I shift the gears in order not to destroy the cassette/chain - I guess I will try to see if my SRAM chain survive the torque but else I will try to find a strong 10 speed echain.

That front fork is as a matter of fact fantastic when you use the bike for downhill, it is a good 160mm travel and I think the frame will break before the fork :)

Karsten

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version