Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Enduro P9 - Full Suspension - Modern Geo - Ican 29er build

<< < (3/3)

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: Silverado123 on February 14, 2018, 05:48:33 AM ---Is the P9 just a longer travel version of the P8?

--- End quote ---

Sort of.  Overall they are pretty similar.  The P9 has a slacker HTA than the P8 when built to spec.  But my P8 currently sits at the same 66.5* HTA with a 150 travel front fork.  Only have 135mm of rear travel though instead of the 150mm of the P9.  P9 also uses a smaller seat tube (which sucks) as well as a longer rear shock (which also sucks).

My BB clearance is now the same on the P8 as his P9 since I added 29er wheels/tires.

Overall I would say they will likely handle very similar assuming you dont need the 150mm of rear travel.  Both having the same 150mm/160mm fork travel.

endo.alley:
How do you like the 29er wheels compared to the 27.5+ wheels on the P8? I am sure it raised the bb height slightly. I have a 140mm fork on my P8. How does the 150mm fork handle on the bike?

oldmanonabike:
A year has now past and I'd love to know how the bike has behaved as I am very seriously thinking of buying a P9.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version