Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Sanity check my P9 build, please!

<< < (8/9) > >>

ijak:

--- Quote from: chetosmachine on March 01, 2018, 01:59:30 PM ---What kind of shock would you recomend for the P9?
I've seen a very cheap RS Deluxe RT ( open&trail compression modes) and also, a not so cheap Fox dps (with 3 pos compression) and I would like to know, how important would be to have a "platform" for pedalling...
I appreciate any inputs

--- End quote ---

really depends what you are using the bike for....any climbing long climbs (10+ mins involved), a "firm" pedaling platform is useful.

really right now for 210x55 Shock required for this bike here's your options:

RockShox:
Deluxe (RT - the trail mode will firm it up a bit which will help with pedaling, RC3 or RCT3 is what you want)
Super Deluxe (same as above with piggyback which is much better for long descent)
Super Deluxe Coil (same as above, but Coil)

Fox:
Dpx2 (comes with 3 settings, expensive, hard to find)

DVO:
Topaz (what I am using. Love it. 3 settings - if you get lucky it's best bang for buck imo)

Cane Creek - Expensive:
DB Coil IL (comes with climb switch)
DB Air IL (same as above in the air version)
DB Coil CS (piggy back version of the above, climb switch)
DB Air CS (same as above in the air verson, climb switch)

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: ijak on March 01, 2018, 11:20:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: chetosmachine on March 01, 2018, 01:59:30 PM ---What kind of shock would you recomend for the P9?
I've seen a very cheap RS Deluxe RT ( open&trail compression modes) and also, a not so cheap Fox dps (with 3 pos compression) and I would like to know, how important would be to have a "platform" for pedalling...
I appreciate any inputs

--- End quote ---

really depends what you are using the bike for....any climbing long climbs (10+ mins involved), a "firm" pedaling platform is useful.

really right now for 210x55 Shock required for this bike here's your options:

RockShox:
Deluxe (RT - the trail mode will firm it up a bit which will help with pedaling, RC3 or RCT3 is what you want)
Super Deluxe (same as above with piggyback which is much better for long descent)
Super Deluxe Coil (same as above, but Coil)

Fox:
Dpx2 (comes with 3 settings, expensive, hard to find)

DVO:
Topaz (what I am using. Love it. 3 settings - if you get lucky it's best bang for buck imo)

Cane Creek - Expensive:
DB Coil IL (comes with climb switch)
DB Air IL (same as above in the air version)
DB Coil CS (piggy back version of the above, climb switch)
DB Air CS (same as above in the air verson, climb switch)

--- End quote ---

Hopefully Manitou comes out with something soon for the metric shock's.  Would be nice for them to add a 210x55 Mcleod to that list.

chetosmachine:
@R_Pierce, I've been told Manitou will introduce the new McLeods sizes around June....
@ijak, Thank you.

I have seen a RS Deluxe RT for 136€, so there's nothing that could beat this price. I have had a FS bike with a 3 pos Monarch on it for 5 years. I have yet to use the Lock position, and 99% of the time, the shock is in trail position. I think this Deluxe RT may be the one that fills the tick.
And wtf, I can always upgrade the shock if needed =)

ijak:
In my opinion - just dish out the money for a good shock off the start. i've spent wayyyyy too much "upgrading" along the way.

Also if you are getting the frame from ican, double check if they offer RS's super deluxe RC3 - it should be about 240€.

R_Pierce:

--- Quote from: ijak on March 02, 2018, 12:26:20 PM ---In my opinion - just dish out the money for a good shock off the start. i've spent wayyyyy too much "upgrading" along the way.

Also if you are getting the frame from ican, double check if they offer RS's super deluxe RC3 - it should be about 240€.

--- End quote ---

Ill second this except Ill never ride a RS shock again.  After riding my Manitou Mcleod the RS felt like trash.  I couldnt believe the difference in suppleness, overall control, platform.  Everything was way better.  Overall feel.  All of it.

Buy a good shock from the get go.  I also made the mistake of "upgrading" along the way.  Spent WAY more money than I would have just buying the better stuff from the get go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version