Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Sanity check my P9 build, please!

<< < (9/9)

deezums:

--- Quote from: ijak on February 26, 2018, 06:12:31 PM ---FYI i built this up over 6 months ago - you can see it here: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,1349.0.html

I did a 29er build, so let me know if you have any questions.

Just going through your post - i routed the dropper cable over the BB shell (all internal). As for the additional holes, I covered it with clear tape.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for posting what you did! Yours and rideczeck's build logs are a main reason why I ordered this frame!

With all this talk about shocks and since you're here, did you order that Topaz straight from DVO? I looked around for deals on them but couldn't find much for under $500 or so.

I managed to get a pretty good deal on this Monarch, apparently they came on some trek slash. I bought this one as a factory takeoff on ebay for a touch over $200. I was planning on ordering more volume spacers, it has two now and I can still get through all the travel pretty easily with 12mm or 20% of sag. I think it might be because the frame has a linear leverage ratio and the debonair can is supposed to make the shock less progressive. From what linkage says, it goes from 3.35mm/mm to 2.3mm/mm at full compression. If I am not mistaken, this means it's 150% linearly progressive ratio, as in it's right about 2.85mm/mm at half the travel. I think Specialized Enduro is similar, some people complain about the debonair can and attribute it to the geometry being linear, I assume they mean linearly progressive? But what kind of slope are we talking? I should roughly sketch one of those up, curious what they look like in comparison.

I need to know what my shock does, too. Need to build adapters for my homemade shock dyno.

ijak:
Not sure what tune you are using for the monarch but it's one of the reasons why I didn't go for Rockshox as the DVO allowed me to tune the whole system via bladder pressure. There's also a negative air chamber that I can put spacers into which will make the beginning stroke more supple. Then spacers in the positive chamber for bottom out resistance. In terms of progressiveness this frame is pretty close to a 2016 norco range frame. You can YouTube that to find the full break down of the norco range suspension. Overall the frame is progressive enough to use a coil shock.

In terms of the monarch... It's not really the right shock for this bike as monarch don't come in metric..the equivalent would be the deluxe..which is built much better imo. Longer shock with more stroke spacing (210x55 vs 200x57). You also want at least a M/M tune.

frank1979:
Not sure if it would work but do you think a 210x65 would work on the p9 frame. Thanks

ijak:

--- Quote from: frank1979 on March 15, 2018, 06:06:31 AM ---Not sure if it would work but do you think a 210x65 would work on the p9 frame. Thanks

--- End quote ---

For sure NO - 29" or 27.5+" - upon full compression, the frame might touch, but the wheels will touch your dropped seat.
Questionable - 27.5" - the frame might touch

alternatively if you found a cheap shock, you can shim it to 210x55.

chetosmachine:

--- Quote from: ijak on March 02, 2018, 12:26:20 PM ---Also if you are getting the frame from ican, double check if they offer RS's super deluxe RC3 - it should be about 240€.

--- End quote ---

I confirm they offer that shock at that price. That's a no brainer then about which shock to use as start.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version