Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

Carbonda Gravel CFR505 build

<< < (3/14) > >>

MTB2223:
WHOW !!! Awesome build !!!!!

And at the end, what did you spend at total ?

Can you please tell me the rim types ? Or a url to Peters shop ?

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: MTB2223 on January 15, 2018, 07:07:33 AM ---WHOW !!! Awesome build !!!!!

And at the end, what did you spend at total ?

Can you please tell me the rim types ? Or a url to Peters shop ?

--- End quote ---

Probably about 2600€ but reusing a crank and rear derailleur I had already.
Probably around 3300€ otherwise.
A Force CX1 groupset would have been a quite cheaper option, but incompatible with my etap road bike.

The rims are http://xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1472
Beware they are limited to 60psi/~4bar max.
I'm not sure I'll be able to reuse them on my road bike, as mountain climbing wheels because of that tire pressure limit.

bxcc:
That’s an awesome build! You must be stoked.

So they can make the frame with fewer cable routing holes?

Also, what about the hubs? Why did you choose Novatec hubs? Just curious on your choice over other options.

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: bxcc on January 15, 2018, 04:47:06 PM ---That’s an awesome build! You must be stoked.
--- End quote ---
Stoked is the right term, yes totally!
I can't decide myself to ride it in the mud yet :D

--- Quote from: bxcc on January 15, 2018, 04:47:06 PM ---So they can make the frame with fewer cable routing holes?
--- End quote ---
Yes some folks on the ridinggravel forum asked for not having mudguard screws, so I guess there is some flexibility available.

--- Quote from: bxcc on January 15, 2018, 04:47:06 PM ---Also, what about the hubs? Why did you choose Novatec hubs? Just curious on your choice over other options.
--- End quote ---
I wanted to try a straight pull and light wheelset.
Then I saw these, relatively cheap for their weight, compared to other light brands.
Read about good and bad stories about Novatec hubs on the web, and decided to try.
They look very well built, we'll see how long they last.

Rick64:
Awesome looking bike Carbonazza, love the paint, whats the saddle your using? It looks very light and comfy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version