Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Recommendations for aggressive Aero frame with thru axles and disc brake mounts?

<< < (2/2)

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: Anders_MUC on January 17, 2018, 08:22:46 PM ---Regarding carbon wheels, it is of course tempting to find a replacement for the sturdy, but heavy Giant PR-2 wheels. They are said to weigh 1900 g. If I go down that road, tubeless ready rims are a given for me, and I would also opt for a rather deep profile (in the range of 45 mm or more). Wide profile rims (up to 28 mm) with U shape and disc only design (no braking surface) are also on my wishlist. And I do believe that hookless wheels are to be preferred over conventional hooked rims. A wheelset weight of 1500-1600 g seems fair.

--- End quote ---
I think I looked for hookless road rims for my recent gravel build, but found only clinchers.
The pressure on road bikes is much higher than MTB or car tires.
And do not worry that much, carbon rims are sturdy too :)

--- Quote from: Anders_MUC on January 17, 2018, 08:22:46 PM ---How about an asymmetric rim profile? Does this offer significant advantages with rather narrow road rims?
(I do have asymmetric rims on my XC mountain bike wheelset, but these rims are 38 mm wide. Quite a step up from road rims with not more than 25..28 mm width.)

--- End quote ---
Asymmetric is just to have a more balanced tension between left and right spokes on dished wheels.
Its effect will be the same on a wide or narrow rim.

mtbluvr68:
I like the look of the dengfu 308, road disc with max 28C tire,  prefer to go to a 30 or more tire, the carbonda gravel looks good to but the dengfu would be good for road ride and race. 
http://m.dengfubikes.com/index.php?s=/103.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version