Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Just pulled the trigger on the Tidace FM-009. Anything I should know?

(1/3) > >>

yourrealdad:
After about a year of going back and forth on what I wanted and then waiting to see if something that ticked all my boxes would come out, I settled. Just bought a Tideace 19" matte black frame with PF30 BB. Just wondering if there is anything special I should know or do to make it perform in tip top?

Thanks

johnnydamage:
might want to order some bb clips. they are expensive if you want them fast but cheap if you have time. I'm going to see if it can find something that works at the local hardware store today.

Bhaalgorn:

--- Quote from: johnnydamage on February 16, 2018, 06:50:34 AM ---might want to order some bb clips. they are expensive if you want them fast but cheap if you have time. I'm going to see if it can find something that works at the local hardware store today.

--- End quote ---

Why would he need BB clips on a PF30 BB? The PF30 shell holds the bearings instead of the retaining clips in a BB30 configuration.

pumajr:
If you use the head set that comes with the frame, make sure you use every part given.  My son has approx. 100 race miles on this frame with nothing but a smile on his face.  Also have the tideace stem, seat post and bars on the bike and have nothing but good things to report.  Running cables was kind of a pain and did have to use the fish tape with the magnet to get the brake cables through.

yourrealdad:
Pumajr, how has the headset been holding up? Any idea of the specifications of it in case I want to replace it with a CC or something? Did you use the BB?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version