Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Cyclocross Frames, Wheels & Components

New Gravel Bike

(1/2) > >>

Carbon_Dude:
I've been thinking about a gravel bike for a while now.  I was never sure what I would like though, when it came to a "skinny" tire bike.  I have a really good relationship with my local bike shop that's just a mile up the road from my home.  Last week I stopped in and was chit chatting about bikes (of course) with the owner and he mentioned that he has had a lot of fun on his gravel bike.  I said I was thinking about it but wasn't sure what size I would even ride or what a good model would be.  He walked over and pulled a 2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata 2X SRAM Rival, in a 58cm size, and told me to take it and demo it for the weekend.

After a short test drive I was pretty much hooked.  He gave me a ridiculously good price on it, a $1,500 discount, I just couldn't say no.

Here's a pic, please ignore the pedals, I just got a set of XTR pedals and put them on today:

If the bike shop owner is available, he and I are going to go do some gravel riding tomorrow.

bxcc:
Sweet bike! I'm just a bit jealous.

I demo'd one last fall for the first time and it was a lot more fun and trail capable than I expected. It was the OTSO Warakin which is a stainless steel frame. A gravel bike is on my list but I'm not sure when I'll be able to bring one home. I try to keep it to one bike a year and I just built my daughter a new bike. I did happen to slip in some new wheels for my trail bike too so I need to replenish the bike funds first.

tripleDot:
Wow! That truly was a great deal you got there. Sweet bike at a great discount.

325racer:
Nice new bike.  Gravel will be my next bike, but easily a year out and actually thinking of building a lugged steal frame next year.

carbonazza:
Nice deal and bike! A good relationship with an lbs is great!

I have the same Maxxis tires on mine.
Did you try various pressure yet?
I settled at 3 bar(43psi) for now, but don’t know what would be the best.

Not a scientific test.
But they look as well to roll better on hard pack than my friends’ tired(Clement and Specialized), when going down coasting
And not by a small margin.
And they are heavier than me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version