Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

258 vs 036

<< < (2/3) > >>

carbonazza:
I'm surprised to see the rear shock in both directions in the pictures below:

--- Quote from: cbenj42 on April 16, 2018, 06:09:20 PM ---https://imgur.com/XCewuFS
https://imgur.com/rxSbNgo

--- End quote ---

Anyone knows if that makes a difference ?

Sitar_Ned:

--- Quote from: Stef27 on April 16, 2018, 12:02:38 PM ---never buy with xmiplay.........they are liars and scammers

--- End quote ---

Really? Can you be more specific? Not saying you're right or wrong, just curious as to what happened to them as a seller.

RS VR6:
How many version of this frame are there? I'm really leaning towards the 058...or a variant of it.

gmo:

--- Quote from: Sitar_Ned on April 17, 2018, 07:32:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Stef27 on April 16, 2018, 12:02:38 PM ---never buy with xmiplay.........they are liars and scammers

--- End quote ---

Really? Can you be more specific? Not saying you're right or wrong, just curious as to what happened to them as a seller.

--- End quote ---

You can click on the poster and view previous posts. It looks like he purchased wheels from xmiplay and they were heavier than the advertised wright and missing valve stems that he had asked for. The frustration trying to deal with them about it is likely the reason for the negative review.

To add to my negative exoerience with them, i couldn't even get them to send me a new bolt or washers. I even had a work colleague based in china (obviously fluent chinese speaker) call on my behalf with no success.

I have not spent time reading through many posts here but is it safe to assume that hong-fu and xmiplay are essentially marketing companies who order from the same factory? I get the impression the factory doesnt treat them much better than they treat us.

I found play in my rear powertap hub bearing and ordered new ones from rwc. Im hopeful that may be half of my rear play issue.

And thanks for the feedback regarding 258 and fs029. That gives me some optimism.

Stef27:

--- Quote from: gmo on April 17, 2018, 10:53:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sitar_Ned on April 17, 2018, 07:32:39 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You can click on the poster and view previous posts. It looks like he purchased wheels from xmiplay and they were heavier than the advertised wright and missing valve stems that he had asked for. The frustration trying to deal with them about it is likely the reason for the negative review.

--- End quote ---

thanks
that's it.

fortunately i paid with paypal,and i did dispute.
i shipped back the wheelset,because i couldn't sell them,noone want carbon wheels with 1700gr for 400$.

in this history I lost some of the cost of return and customs fees.......but it's less than 420$

now i'm waiting for my new wheelset.

i ordered 2 rims,2 hub on aliexpress,and a guy build with his spokes.
the weight should be around 1400gr

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version