Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

FM 158 and 258

<< < (2/7) > >>

bxcc:

--- Quote from: sclyde2 on April 18, 2018, 10:55:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: samroy92 on April 18, 2018, 10:28:27 AM ---....One other minor thing is that the headtube angle is pretty steep, was hoping for something slacker. I am worried this frame will get twitchy at speed, but I will still consider getting it.

--- End quote ---

You reckon a 69 degree head angle on a 29er xc race bike is "pretty steep"?  What xc bike are you riding now?  I thought 69 degrees is just on the slack side of the average for all the major brands' FS xc weapons these days.  Yeah, the spark RC is half a degree slacker, but that is probably an outlier.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking the same thing. It's spec'ed with a 100mm fork, so putting a 120mm would put you at 68. Yes it would slacken the seat tube a bit but the HA is on par with the SC Tallboy 3 which is definitely not an XC bike.

bxcc:
On the 158 frame, it looks like there is a bend in the seat tube right at the linkage pivot. If that's the case, that could limit dropper applications. I realize that this is an XC frame but droppers are still nice to have.

charlesrg:

--- Quote from: bxcc on April 19, 2018, 07:09:54 AM ---On the 158 frame, it looks like there is a bend in the seat tube right at the linkage pivot. If that's the case, that could limit dropper applications. I realize that this is an XC frame but droppers are still nice to have.

--- End quote ---
Haven't seen any XC racer using droppers and winning races.
If you want a dropper why not go for a trail bike or all mountain ?

charlesrg:
Big confusion on this frames. Some drawings show boost, others don't. For me the brake mount should be on the chainstay not in the seatstay. I'm trying to find who has this frame with the chainstay brake mount in 15.5 and order one.

bxcc:

--- Quote from: charlesrg on April 25, 2018, 08:55:44 PM ---Haven't seen any XC racer using droppers and winning races.
If you want a dropper why not go for a trail bike or all mountain ?

--- End quote ---

Others may feel differently but here are my reasons.
Because I don't need or like long travel bikes.
The geometry looks great for this bike for what I want.
I have no desire to stand on a podium and I'm going to guess that most people buying this frame are in the same mindset.
I have used a dropper enough to know that it has it's merits on a cross country bike and it just makes riding more fun.
A 120mm front / 100mm rear travel bike with relatively short CS's, 73 degree SA, a 68 degree HA and a dropper would be a killer all around bike.

I used to be in the same mindset of "droppers are for big travel bikes" until I started using one. I put one on my trail bike last year and now I'm wanting one on my SS and my 29+ bike. To me it just seems odd that they would make it relatively modern in it's geometry but then limit it to not having a dropper. I know that I'm not alone in scratching this frame off of the list if that's the case. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version