Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Best chiner carbon wheelset for road?

(1/3) > >>

samroy92:
Hey guys i've been doing a lot of research out there and seen/heard a lot of horror stories. I like to climb a lot and as such do a lot of downhill too. I have heard decent things about Yoeleo, and good things about Farsports. Do you guys have any opinions/experience on this topic?

Thanks

lRaphl:
I'm using a set of FarSport carbon wheels since 2013 and not a single problem with them. I use SwissStop Yellow King brake pads with them. They are also as true as when I got them new. Never had to touch the spoke tension. I went with the Ed Hubs and ceramic bearings. I just wish I went with the 38mm profile instead of the 24mm.

samroy92:

--- Quote from: lRaphl on May 01, 2018, 08:33:33 AM ---I'm using a set of FarSport carbon wheels since 2013 and not a single problem with them. I use SwissStop Yellow King brake pads with them. They are also as true as when I got them new. Never had to touch the spoke tension. I went with the Ed Hubs and ceramic bearings. I just wish I went with the 38mm profile instead of the 24mm.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the feedback, that's good to know.

samroy92:
I ordered the Farsports 38mm clincher (tubeless) 25mm wide wheelset. W/ Bitex hubs. I will post a pic when they arrive in a month.

Calvino:
I had Ican 86mm wheeels for a month to test. Braking with the provided pads was...sufficient but not confidence inspiring. Quite stable in crosswinds, awsome sound/look and very stiff. Though on the heavy side with about 1850g they accelerate nicely. One thing was strange that the sideflex was in the corners so bad i actually rubbed the brake pads a few times. Mind you that im not a fast descender.
But weight, braking and sideflex aside i absolutely loved them. Especially with a aero frame

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version