Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Best chiner carbon wheelset for road?

<< < (3/3)

samroy92:

--- Quote from: lRaphl on May 23, 2018, 07:42:09 AM ---So you went tubeless if I understand well? Can you give us a little report about how you like it and also about the black prince brake pads please?

Thank you!

--- End quote ---

Yeah tubeless, so far it's painful because I can't get the tire inflated on the rim, I suspect the Maxxis Padrone TR's are just a bit too loose on this wheel. I ordered a compressor booster and a pair of Schwalbe tires so I will let you know once I get them all mounted up.

Calvino:
For the money of a compressor booster you can almost get a cheap compressor. i got one for 80€ since i like to spraypaint much stuff and i knew that i had to switch to tubeless at least on the MTB.
I was really surprised that you chose the Maxxis tires for a road TL setup. I generally don't like Maxxis tires for some reason and have always liked Continental and Schwalbe.
I guess you will order the Schwalbe Pro One? If you want to have a ridicilously fast tire consider the Vittoria Corsa Speed TLR. Worlds fastest procudction tire. There is also the Hutchinson Galatik(or sth like that) but i hear ride quality is stiff and it's too expensive for it's performance

samroy92:
I finally got the tires to mount. The trick I used.... Vaseline aka petroleum jelly aka might disintegrate the tire over time. I ran Vaseline along the inside of the wheels thoroughly, then the tire had enough seal or "stick" to hold air and pop onto the bead. Now I am going to let them sit, take them off, clean all the Vaseline, and then see if they can be mounted easier on their own. If not - Schwalbe it is..

samroy92:
I went with the Schwalbe 28mm tires. My speed feels about the same, I think the 28mm tires are heavier but its countered by the lighter wheels. Over the ride was really comfy and feels much more planted. The wheel+tire combo feels smooth as butter. Very happy so far with the chiner wheel purchase!

Pics:

samroy92:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version