Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

$2,800 Budget - What would you do?

(1/4) > >>

WindRiverHiker:
I'm looking for recommendations for a good build. I'm a novice with parts and components, but I have a buddy that has agreed to help with the build. Here are my constraints/requirements:

1- $2,800
2- Full suspension 29er
3- I'm an upper-intermediate rider
4- I'm 6 feet tall and 210 lbs (hoping to get that down to 185 and stay there)
5- I live close to great trails in Utah. As there's a lot of elevation here, it will have to climb like a mt. goat (lockouts) and be able to switch to descend on the fly (dropper).

With that, I'll be very interested to hear your suggestions.

Thanks!

samroy92:
Are you looking for an XC style low travel or more All mountain oriented? I would say with that budget pick up some carbon wheels ~800, carbon frame ~800, all-new sram NX eagle ~375, decent fork ~500, decent shock ~250, okay brakes ~125, and then all the other knick knacks. That already totals to about ~$2850. To stay under budget you don't have to get the carbon wheelset, but its nice.

Brands to be looking at for frames: Hongfu bikes, workswell, ICAN, Dengfu, xmcarbonspeed.cn
Brands to be looking at for wheelset: lightbicycle, farsports, yoeleo

The main thing im struggling with in building 2 of these bikes, 1 HT and 1 FS, is the damn shipping time. Some people get them shipped in a few weeks. It's been 30+ days and I still haven't got a tracking number, so you know, its relative.

WindRiverHiker:
Excellent advice, just what I was looking for. Thanks!

MTB2223:
For wheels you can also go to xmcarbonspeed.cn .

I dealed with Peter from xmcarbonspeed.cn and I got my frame and wheels within a week (5 days for the frame) after placing the order. But don't forget the shipment costs. It's about 95 USD for only the frame and aagain for the wheelset. And maybe you gets customs tax. For me it was about 60 EUR for the frame and the same for the wheelset.

charlesrg:
I'm 6'3" and 195lbs. The last 3 years I broke one chinese frame a year and got no warranty back. If I was you I would get a brand new frame from an online special like the Yti ASR for $1500 and build on that.
This last frame I'm trying to get warranty but I get no reply from the seller. Chinese frame would cost very close to $1000 when you calculate that you have to buy the shock and pay the paypal fees.  For $1500 you get a brand frame reputation and warranty. I think it's worth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version