Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Taxes, tariffs, and duties

(1/2) > >>

huskydriver:
Has anybody ordered and recieved your frame recently?  I was just wondering with all the tariffs or import taxes have caused any issues.  I bought a couple frames a fewyears ago and had no issues and dont recall paying a dime.  It worries me now seeing things written on the website about buyer being responsible.  It seems as if there is more mention of it then ever before.  Im ordering a frame from Trident Thrust.  The last frames were from Deng Fu.  Thanks.

tripleDot:
It really depends on where you are located. And this is an international site. In my case, the Philippines here in Asia, I only pay PhP130 or around US$2.50. That is for a single unit.

I've read here that in some location, painted and unpainted units have different tariff.

lRaphl:
So far, every carbon parts I odered from China were duty free and this includes 2 frames and many rims. I live in Canada.

mangowifi:
I had to pay £20 in the UK, however they wanted to pay me about £50 more, but the item was delivered before they asked for it, so too late for HMRC.

huskydriver:
Thanks for the input.  I just need somebody from the US to give their input.  I know Pres. Trump has put tariffs on raw materials, so hopefully this does not effect any goods coming into the country.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version