Chinese Carbon MTB > Metal Frames

Custom Titanium frame from CS

(1/9) > >>

tripleDot:
A few months ago, I finally went ahead with a project that I had been considering for quite a number of years. I got my custom Titanium bike frame built. This is gonna be my road/gravel/touring/bikepacking bike.

With a lot of research, I know which Chinese Ti frame builder I want to go with, my problem is that the company build according to customer specs and I'm just not knowledgeable with the technical details. Luckily, Peter of Carbon Speed had partnered with this company and I went through him instead. I know it costs a bit more but I needed the assistance. Plus I have a few transactions with him before and he's proven to be very reliable.

I still haven't got the frame yet but Peter had sent me some pictures and it is ready for shipping.

carbonazza:
Wow ! That is very interesting. I look forward to see your build.
I did some research too last year, but without knowing who to ask for it, I dropped it.

Is it internal routing ?
Was it custom built on some of yours bike fit measurements?
What is the frame size, and how much does it weight ?

tripleDot:
Yes, I had it done with internal routing. You can see the holes in the pictures. I did request a DI2 and dropper post compatible (more for future-proofing), although I still have to see it if it was incorporated.

The geometry was largely copied from the Jamis Renegade Exploit (chromoly) with some tweaking. Most notable tweak is the horizontal dropout. I chose the Exploit because it shared the same geometry as the Jamis Renegade Exile (the aluminum version) which I have riden and really loved. Also the Exploit being of chomoly tubing is much closer to the Ti tubing. As for Ti tubing size, I referenced it with a friend's Salsa Ti bike (I forgot which model).

Sizing is size 54 of the Exploit. Weight, no info yet... haven't landed yet.

Edit:
In case you want to know, frame tube diameters were based on Salsa Ti Colossal.

lRaphl:
Sweet looking frame!!!! 

Can I ask how much it costed you?

Thanks!

tripleDot:
For the specs and features I commissioned... US$670, excluding shipping. Cost includes the thru axle/rd/disc brake adaptors (not sure what's it called), axle and custom etched art work/lettering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version