Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Ican P-9 geometry

(1/2) > >>

endo.alley:
I am wondering how accurate is the stated head tube angle of the Ican P-9 ? When I place a photo of a completed P9 (Triaero enduro 29) alongside a photo of a Hightower LT, the Hightower LT appears to noticeably be slacker. Although Hightower LT states 66.4 degree head tube angel. And P9 states 66 degree head tube angle. I know that comparing manufacturer photos may not depict actual angles. Anyhow, I am looking for a somewhat slack geometry enduro oriented 29er. And the P9 looks interesting.

chetosmachine:
I read 66 degrees on my phone for my P9. I have 160mm Revelation fork, and same 29x2.3 tires front and rear.

endo.alley:
Thanks. What app do you use on your iPhone to measure angles? That sounds like a pretty good app.  As I said, another bike with similar stated geometry appeared slacker than the P9. Anyhow, I wondered if the  571 mm measurement for axle to crown on the geometry chart was the reason. Since most 160mm travel forks are shorter than this. You may have to go 170mm to get that head angle. But if a 160mm gives the stated head tube angle, great. That is all I was looking for.

chetosmachine:
I have 29" version of the 2018 RS Revelation fork, i have no clue the length but must be around this data.
I used the "measure" app.
On a Huawei i got 66° too, so both are in the same range. We are speaking of phones, so i would not bet a single penny on those readings though.

endo.alley:
How do you describe the handling? Does it feel relaxed?, Or quick handling? Or slower handling? Does it seem to work best bombing downhill with high speed straight lining?, or slower poppy technical riding? Or something else entirely? Anyhow, it is hard to judge a bike's performance solely from geometry data and photographs of the bike. So personal subjective description is helpful. I like the looks of the bike. I was asking about true head angle because I think that is one of the more important variables in how a mountain bike rides. But of course head angle alone is not the only thing that matters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version