Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

XC Rocket or Trail Slayer?

<< < (2/2)

Jerry:

--- Quote from: numberzero on November 15, 2018, 01:07:04 AM ---You have two very different frames in suspension design.

Promance is like spark/scalpel... with a single pivot design and flex in the rear triangle. More sporty feeling i think.

Workswell is a 4 bar linkage, like the old specialized epic for instance. This design is supposed to be more responsive on small bumps but also more on pedal bob.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this theory.

The PM M7007 is very close to the geometry of the 2018 Scott Spark (and Orbea Oiz 2019, Intense Sniper XC and more of the latest XC bikes). Never ridden one of these mentioned cross country bikes, but I have ridden the Specialized Epic and the M7007 feels equally sharp, fast and agile. Maybe even more because of the lower total weight (when you compare sizes).

Pedal bob at the PM - with the rear shock in open mode - is hardly noticeable. However, there I a noticeable amount of pedal bob present in full lock mode of the shock. Unfortunately or normal with a single pivot design? I do not know, but I don't use full lock anyway. A 4 bar linkage responds better to small bumps in any case, I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version