Author Topic: What's coming in 2019  (Read 15303 times)

sissypants

Re: What's coming in 2019
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 04:10:04 PM »
Pro-Mance will be releasing a 120mm rear travel full-suspension 29er frame, likely by the end of May.  I've been advising on it, not sure how much impact that will have. I won't share details yet, but I've pushed for specific modern geo and flip-chip adjustable geometry, along with a few other minor points.

The suspension configuration is similar to the Rocky Mountain Element and I've seen the kinematics charts, they have it dialed. Rear travel should be adjustable between 105-120mm depending on shock stroke, and the bike should play well with forks between 110-130mm travel.

It will be a great lightweight offering and will look somewhat like the Workswell WCB-M-145.

lRaphl

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 01:29:48 PM »
I've been looking for a 120mm frame for some time now to replace my 036. Can't wait to see more information on that one!

Jerry

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2019, 04:08:24 AM »
Hello,

I have heard that Pro-Mance is working on a brand new XC / semi-trail frame. The first prototype was recently shown at the Taipei Bike Show and will now be further developed for series production. A launch date is not yet known.

I have already seen a photo of the frame design, as well as the geometry. In short: the new PM frame looks extremely similar to the Orbea Oiz 2019. The geometry is also 95% identical to that of the Spanish brand. Customers will be able to choose from two shock sizes: 190x40 (which gives 100mm travel) and 190x45 (which gives 120mm travel). Again, the same as the 2019 Oiz.

Hope to hear more soon, but this new frame already looks promising.

emu26

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2019, 05:34:18 AM »
Sissypants, will the frame you mentioned above take 27.5 x 2.8?

sissypants

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 08:03:40 PM »
Emu, I'm not sure. I haven't been sent the final specifications.

Jerry, were you able to visit their booth at the Taipei Cycle Show? Did you have any reason to believe that the Orbea Oiz geometry wasn't going to be modified?  It's really too bad if all this is is a big cloning game.

mixlax

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2019, 03:17:45 PM »

Jerry, were you able to visit their booth at the Taipei Cycle Show? Did you have any reason to believe that the Orbea Oiz geometry wasn't going to be modified?  It's really too bad if all this is is a big cloning game.

Well money talks. Maybe a large Spanish customer wanted an alternative to the Spanish oiz?

Jerry

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 08:36:42 AM »

Well money talks. Maybe a large Spanish customer wanted an alternative to the Spanish oiz?

No, I was not present at the Taipei Cycle Show recently to see the new PM frame in the flesh. I just saw a picture of it, and the design and geometry is very Orbea Oiz. More to come soon, I was told. Time will tell if this 'Oiz copy' will be the final frame ...

numberzero

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 05:10:33 AM »
It should be surprising that promance change drastically his new bike if they are to release it soon. They don't take many risks in copying the orbea oiz, that's a proven geometry working either in 100 or 120mm but a bit oldschool to what's coming now.

sissypants

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 07:11:38 PM »
It should be surprising that promance change drastically his new bike if they are to release it soon. They don't take many risks in copying the orbea oiz, that's a proven geometry working either in 100 or 120mm but a bit oldschool to what's coming now.

That's just my thoughts.  I think Jerry is getting his info from a post I did on MTBR about the frame. Pro-Mance reached out to me after drawing up initial geometry charts, 2D design, and preliminary linkage analysis. They wanted my feedback on what I thought. I did not realize that this was essentially a carbon-copy of the Orbea Oiz. I did however realize it was old-school and submitted a detailed set of recommendations to modernize the geometry, among other things.

The last I heard was they delayed the estimated date of first production run by a month. This may be due to updates to the frame, just a theory...

In the meantime I'm ready to put my Light Carbon LCFS937 to the test. Just ready to hit the trail with the build, maybe this Saturday will be the first ride.

capability

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2019, 12:45:39 PM »
Hi guys

Any more info on when the frame based on the Scott Ransom will be available and any more details? Very interested.

Thanks

sissypants

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2019, 07:37:13 AM »
The Pro-Mance Orbea Oiz frame is a no-go.  Just got this in my inbox overnight:

"Moreover, sorry to inform you that our PRO-M003 frame developing will be paused as our client change mind to stop this developing, so we won't promote and market this frame anymore."

Bummer. Was looking forward to getting this one.

I just asked about the Ransom.

capability

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2019, 03:53:14 PM »
Thanks sissy. That’s a bummer.

Let me know if you hear anything of the Ransom, I’m very interested.

Cheers

sissypants

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2019, 06:52:00 AM »
Bummmmmer.  Just got this line in a reply from Pro-Mance:

"As you know 170mm travel's capacity of the market is limited, maybe in future we have suitable chance then developing our own design of 170mm travel frame."

They now have *nothing* in development.

Apparently, Pro-Mance is extremely dependent on other clients (Megamo?) to bring these catalog offerings to life. I don't even know that they have an in-house engineer. I know TanTan does everything themselves, from R&D by their own in-house engineer to painting to assembly to wheelbuilding to shipping, but I don't know about Pro-Mance.

scourge

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2019, 01:36:51 AM »
I would love to see a Chinese version of the new Occam