Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

SRAM XX1 1x11 Discussion

(1/4) > >>

Carbon_Dude:
Huge fan of XX1 here.  For years all I rode was Shimano XT/XTR drivetrain components.  Never thought much of SRAM prior to moving to the new 1x11.  I was happy with my 3x9 setups until I determined I only really needed one chainring for XC riding in my area.  Then XX1 came along and I was totally sold on it when I saw it at the Southern Bike Expo.

The wide/narrow tooth, no drop chain ring, the 11-42 rear cassette mostly machined from a billet of steel, the true parallelagram rear derailleur, and choice of grip shifter or trigger shifter impressed me they way they all worked together.

Who else likes their XX1 setup?

Sitar_Ned:
In my dreams CD.. When I awake.. Shimano/Raceface narrow wide 1x10.

Really looking forward to some trickle down tech on this xx1 1x11 group. Wasn't too impressed with Shimano's new XTR.. I think they may have missed the boat. Then again, Shimano may just know slightly more than I do about the MTB drivetrain market.

Carbon_Dude:
You already have some of the trickle down technology with the clutched rear derailleur and the wide/narrow chainrings, and 42T cogs that people are making for 10-sod cassettes.  When XX1 came out, it was very unique, now it doesn't have as much of an advantage with those technologies now available other ways.

Sitar_Ned:
Guess that's a pretty good point. Actually  looking at adding a 40t-rex to my set-up.. Was going to hold off on making that upgrade because so many guys were having issues with the chain dropping off on the 42t cogs.. but it seems there are less issues with the 40t and reading your 036 thread I saw that you kinda had the same issue with the xx1 until you got it dialed in. Made me think that maybe the issues that people were having were less to do with incompatibility and more to do with individual set up and getting it dialed in.

Rigid_Bloke:
I agree that Shimano dropped the ball. I know they have a long history of providing solid products, but they have slipped up before.

It's just like they completely ignored what the market/riders were demanding. Guess we'll see but as soon as I saw the XTR offering I decided to go SRAM xx1 1x11 all the way. They nailed it with this grouppo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version