Other Resources > Vendor Discussion & Reviews

Tell 'em what you want!

(1/3) > >>

Sitar_Ned:
After finding out that there's already been at least one instance of a Chinese carbon manufacturer working directly with a customer to build custom components.. I thought it might be useful to make a thread specifically for the purpose of letting these Chinese providers know exactly what we'd like to see them offer.

So, here's your chance to tell them what you want. Whether it's a type of frame you want them to produce, an unorthodox handlebar, or maybe you want to inquire as to whether they could design and produce something new entirely. Carbon really is an amazing material and lends significant freedom to manufacturers when designing products.. If something shows enough market demand, there's no reason for the Chinese suppliers not to oblige.

Perhaps we can collectively help them to innovate rather than strictly replicate. Maybe, i'm thinking a bit too grandiose here, but hey.. I've got a request of my own so I though it was worth a shot  ;)

Sitar_Ned:
One of the many reasons I decided to stick with a hardtail 29er is I expect to see some very well designed, effective, and light weight suspension seatposts coming out over the next year or two. What i'm waiting on is an mtb version of Ergon CF3 carbon pro seatpost:

Would love to see one of these Chinese carbon manufacturers bring an mtb version of this thing out. Doesn't seem as if it would be all too hard to engineer.. Could basically use the Ergon as a template but beef the carbon rods and bearings up a bit..

Just an idea.. Seems like a price point of $75-$100 would work for both parties. I'd be the first paying customer.

Carbon_Dude:
Nice seat post, however, doesn't do anything for me when I'm standing up and flying down a rough section of trail :).

Andy:
Good point CD however I would love to see one of these built for mtb.  Great idea SN!  All I really need is a little bit of suspension out back and on my trails I mostly stay seated. 

This answer would be an inexpensiv, simple and very light alternative to full suspension.  I've ridden my buddies Bike with a thud buster and really liked it.  This could be just a very lightweight version of that. 

Now how do we get them to build us some?
Andy

Sitar_Ned:

--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on April 17, 2014, 06:50:43 AM ---Nice seat post, however, doesn't do anything for me when I'm standing up and flying down a rough section of trail :).

--- End quote ---

That's what the legs are for, man! I do see your point though.. Me thinks you're becoming spoiled by your 036  ;D  Interested to see how often you throw a leg over your 056 now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version