Author Topic: Epic Evo Clone  (Read 35601 times)

kfelk

Re: Epic Evo Clone
« Reply #315 on: April 05, 2024, 08:12:14 PM »
Hi All, been following this thread for a while- saw this on Aliexpress- Looks like maybe they have actual evo linkage now?

Nah. That's an actual picture of an S-Works epic evo. They just used the picture to show the color.

monocongo

« Reply #316 on: April 18, 2024, 12:06:56 PM »
For those of you who have replaced the bearings in this frame, how did you get them out? My friend who has a bearing extractor tried to help me do that yesterday and we gave up after going at it hard on the lower pivot linkage. I didn't want to stress the carbon further (it's a tool that uses percussive force to pop it out) and figured I should just leave well enough alone and it's good enough for a recreational rider like me even though the bearings feel rough already after riding it for only a month.

Because of a creaking noise that wouldn't go away after re-doing the bottom bracket and seat post (One Up service) we also took apart the upper linkage that attaches to the shock. We only found bushings there whereas I was expecting to find bearings. Was I mistaken about there being bearings in there? Previous advice from this thread indicated that there would be bearings. There was one juncture of the upper linkage we didn't disassemble so maybe that's where the actual bearings mentioned are located.

darkening

« Reply #317 on: April 19, 2024, 12:00:43 PM »
Actually, bearing come out very easy. With some hand-made tools. Bolt-nuts-and-washers.