Author Topic: Lightcarbon LCFS937 Build  (Read 79305 times)

StefanB

Re: Lightcarbon LCFS937 Build
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2020, 09:25:53 AM »
I really love this bike ;D

rubybear

« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2020, 12:43:51 PM »
Welp, took a nice spill and landed on a rock with my top tube :/

Rode it the next day and it was fine but I'm still a bit concerned long term. Does anyone have any experience repairing carbon? I'm lucky to have 2 bike specific carbon repair shops within miles but they are asking $350 for the repair. The frame being sub $500 makes it a hard pill to swallow.

I'm thinking of ordering a kit online and repairing it myself so I'm reaching out to see if anyone has any experience.

Jotegr

« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2020, 03:23:04 PM »
Personally rather than doing a DIY repair I'd see if you can get  a front triangle only first!

rubybear

« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2020, 05:21:19 PM »
Personally rather than doing a DIY repair I'd see if you can get  a front triangle only first!

That was also my first instinct. Unfortunately LC said they're too busy with an OEM order and they can only sell me a full frame. Granted they were kind enough to offer me a discount on the new frame but shipped it would still be close to $550

Akerman

« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2021, 03:42:47 AM »
I really love this bike ;D
hi Stefan,
first of all thanks a lot for the fantastic pics of your builds. Great idea with the custom lettering, I decided to do the same.
Could you let me know the size of your lettering on downtube and chain stays?
I guess your frame is 19"? I have one coming in that size. Seat post length seams to be an issue, they say 200 mm max insertion. Is that accurate, i.e. a 31.6 mm tube can be inserted only 200 mm, then it is blocked by a cross section change or similar? I understand there is a hole above the linkage for the dropper wire?
I will try to fit a 150 travel reverb, so wish me luck...

Thanks, Philipp

StefanB

« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2021, 01:50:59 AM »
Thanks Philipp.

I have had the bike for a couple of months now and ride 2-4 times a week. I love it, its fantastic and I am a better rider with this bike than with my "old" Merida One-Twenty 800. I climb better, i descend better, I fell more safe and take on challenges I did not before.

The "Akkebike" lettering is 343*40 mm.

The dropper post is a problem, I first tried a 170 mm but it was to long so now I have a 125 mm dropper with a total length of 420 mm and that works well.

https://www.bikester.se/red-cycling-products-remote-dropper-teleskop-sattelstutze-316-mm-M724376.html

I have built 3 "Akkebikes"  so now the whole family has one each. This is really fun so i am planning another build, the more Enduro-oriented LSFS 947.

Best regards

Stefan

rubybear

« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2021, 12:26:55 PM »
FYI guys, I was able to fit a 170mm PNW dropper post (https://www.pnwcomponents.com/collections/shop-all-droppers/products/loam-dropper-post) in my XL frame with plenty of clearance and slammed all the way down. This particular dropper can be shimmed all the way down to 150mm so it could work well for this frame in different sizes.

Akerman

« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2021, 02:46:36 PM »
Stefan, rubybear, thanks, great info. I was also planning on the Loam dropper, in 150 mm. Then it suddenly was sold out, so I grabbed a second hand Reverb, 440 mm full length. Let's see, I should be fine with ~210 mm insertion.
Frame shipped today, I'm hoping to build in February.
Stefan, keep us posted on your next project!

ChinerDetroit

« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2021, 06:51:07 AM »
interesting geometry - decent price, exactly what i'm looking for for a new build, but I want the shock orientation to be like that of the ibis ripley - not sure what that's called. 

brex

« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2021, 02:43:26 PM »
In the way?

« Reply #145 on: January 09, 2021, 03:03:00 PM »
Question about suspension setup for the 958:
I find I have to run very high pressure in my RS Deluxe Ultimate 165x45 to get proper sag.
Is it normal with this frame or am I missing something? With 250psi for my 85kg/190lbs I am still at around 30-35% sag.
I never had to run such high pressure on previous bikes...?

rubybear

« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2021, 05:45:33 PM »
Question about suspension setup for the 958:
I find I have to run very high pressure in my RS Deluxe Ultimate 165x45 to get proper sag.
Is it normal with this frame or am I missing something? With 250psi for my 85kg/190lbs I am still at around 30-35% sag.
I never had to run such high pressure on previous bikes...?

Dude same! I weight 210 and I'm pushing like 330psi on my super deluxe ultimate too! I'm still at about 25% sag. I was eating through the travel so quickly before I realized that the LSC setting on my shock was the culprit. I recently bought a gnar dog token to see if I can use it to ramp up the spring curve and maybe I can run lower pressures. I'm a bit afraid it might turn my shock into a pogo stick due to the low travel. Another option might be a Megneg air can upgrade for our shocks, I haven't tried it but it could be worth a look.

Schmell

« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2021, 03:50:27 PM »
Anyone tried to fit 29x2.6 rear tires? Seems like it’s gonna fit

« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2021, 04:28:14 PM »
Dude same! I weight 210 and I'm pushing like 330psi on my super deluxe ultimate too! I'm still at about 25% sag. I was eating through the travel so quickly before I realized that the LSC setting on my shock was the culprit. I recently bought a gnar dog token to see if I can use it to ramp up the spring curve and maybe I can run lower pressures. I'm a bit afraid it might turn my shock into a pogo stick due to the low travel. Another option might be a Megneg air can upgrade for our shocks, I haven't tried it but it could be worth a look.

Dunno about the volume spacer. The progression rate is kinda where I want it rn.
And afaik the smallest megneg is for 185x47.5 unfortunately. I've never looked into custom shock tunes, idk if that helps with this particular problem?

Akerman

« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2021, 01:44:00 PM »
Finished my build and did the first two rides. Thanks to all contributors on this thread! Super happy with the result. Came in at 12.9 kg, even though my list said 13.2. Maybe I forgot something?  :o :P
Frame is 19", 2487 g with hanger and the supplied damper bolts (without axle and saddle clamp). No issues at all with the frame and hardware, fit and finish is good. Bearings seem very good, all MAX type with plenty of grease inside.

Didn't like the fact that the trunnion bolts clamp the damper firmly to the frame, so with bolts tightened, no movement is possible. As a workaround I inserted a couple washers into the blind holes in the trunnion, so that the bolts are tightened against the bottom of the hole and not against the frame. This way, the damper can pivot freely. Still not a "good" solution, but better than nothing. I am constantly checking the bolts...

Rides great, sort of pushes me to go faster on uphills, even though the powermeter data doesn't show a noticeable difference compared to my previous 27.5" all mountain...
Need to dial in the damper (Fox DPS), so I borrowed a ShockWiz  8).
Actually I planned to use a damper remote, but noticed that I can reach the damper lever quite easily. So I guess I won't bother  ;)

I noticed that Lightcarbon measures the stack to the axles, not to the BB. So you need to add the BB drop to compare to others...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:50:48 PM by Akerman »