Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

M06 27.5+ build April 2019 (updated with pics)

(1/3) > >>

ChinaCruz:
I ordered one of these frames off the bay during one of those sales. It's still being put together. Observations so far:

The recommended fork is 500mm axle to crown. For the 19" with a 105mm head tube, this is seems way too short. I may put on a 120mm fork with a 520-530mm atc.

The bearings were well greased and fit tightly in the frame. Overall build quality seems fine.

Cable routing is terrible. They put the rear shifter and rear brake cables through different sides of the head tube which is stupid. There's no versatility on how to run the cables. The dropper and shock lockout are on different sides of the frame. This makes no sense. I ended up stuffing the rear brake and rear shifter housings through the same hole. But I want to convert an XTR front shifter to shock lockout duty and the lockout routing is on the left side of the frame, causing a tight bend. I can't route through the other side because the housing run has a closed path. If I like the frame a lot (and decide to never sell) the drill will come out, gents!

I put a Mcleod shock on it with RWC bearing kit. The lower (rear) mount measured 22.8mm on my calipers but took a 21.85 RWS kit with no modification required. I have some shims but it seems pretty tight.

emu26:
I'm not surprised to hear that cable routing isn't what you expected. I am assuming you are in the US.
I'm in Australia and we generally run front bake right, rear brake left, front shift left, rear shift right.  This means the controls that are used most, front brake and rear shifter are on the dominate hand for the majority, the right hand.  It then also means that the rear brake hose and rear shifter cable do come from different sides of the bars and therefore enter different sides of the frame.  I believe, but could be wrong, that Europe does the same but America tends to be rear brake right.

Hope that makes sense and helps you understand why it has been done the way it has.  I believe it is actually a better way to set up your controls but I guess it is what you are use to that matters.

emu26:
BTW, got a link to the frame?

Edit: Just saw the frame. I must admit I have never liked the "exposed under BB" cable routing and I see that the cable entry points are specific. The BXT frame I bought for my boy has cable entry points that have are generic but the frame comes with a swag of different types of "ports" that clip into the frame opening. The ports have different diameter holes to allow for cables, hose, or cables with inner liners like Alligator.  It allows you to move things around to however you want.

ChinaCruz:
Yes, in USA we are rear brake on the right for bicycles but not usually for motorcycles.

What I am looking for mainly is that cables coming from one side of the bar enter the frame 1. on the same side of the frame and 2. preferably on the opposite side to reduce the bend. This allows me to shrink wrap the cables together and makes for a very clean look with no rattling.

After running the cables through the chainstays and getting some good looks inside there, the EPS molding or whatever didn't help them in that area. The carbon insides look like something from the movie Alien Prometheus.

emu26:
I suspect the EPS moulding would only be on the main frame as the moulds need to be removed somehow.  Just a thought though as I have never seen cf being moulded

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version